JD Powers says Toyota is still KING of Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PT1
Originally Posted By: hone eagle
the differance in reported problems between Toyoda Ford and Chevrolet are (here's that phrase again) statistically insignificant.
nothing to seen here move along linky

The differences are very significant. I know. I have owned both.

I agree( although it will be the opposite of why you said it )the differences between Toyota and GM, Ford, and Chrysler are very significant. I also have owned all. Toyota by far was the worst with the most problems.

More problems from one Toyota in 7 months than every other GM/Ford/Chrysler I have owned COMBINED, both new and used, over 25 years( no exaggeration either ). Toyota was also hands down the worst mfg to deal with trying to fix the problems.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
I like that term... beg three.

I agree that their cheaper cars, they try to shame you into something nicer. You have to get the deluxe trim level for some stupid simple stuff like cruise control, and sometimes have to get power windows to get cruise. I actually think of power windows as a negative! Instead of shaming potential buyers into a profitable midsize they go and get a civic/corolla instead.

It isn't "beg 3" because Ford has not asked to borrow any money 1st of all so that is inaccurate from the get go. Doesn't bode well for any comments made when you can't even get that right.
LOL.gif

2nd there isn't an auto mfg out there these days that does not force you to either upgrade to a higher trim level to get an option you want or require you also get option B if you want option A to some extent. The "Have It Your Way" Burger King philosophy is no longer present in the auto world. The days of these are all of the options available in your vehicle of choice, so pick the ones you want, are long gone.

With everything becoming computerized and controlled by this or that module car mfg's have required that certain trim levels and or other options be required for certain things to keep the cost down on the lower trim level/optioned vehicles. Otherwise, if they used say one wiring harness and added all the various modules and such so any vehicle could be optioned with any choice you wished the base models would be almost as expensive as the top of the line model.

I actually would prefer a return to the good old days where you could open the option book and say give me this, this, this, and that and not be forced into a super premium, top of the line, model with a bunch of stuff you didn't want. I run into that all the time when buying a vehicle these days. It is what it is though and it is done by every car mfg out there. It is not just Ford, GM, and Chrysler. Toyota and Honda do it as well. If you think they don't then you need to go to their web sites and try to build some vehicles and see for your self. No car mfg gives you complete control over what comes with it.

As to power windows, locks, CC, etc... The overwhelming vast majority of buyers believe those items should be standard equipment. While you still have those car buyers who want standard trannies, vynil seats and floors, manual controls for the windows and locks, and even an AM radio most folks want at least some creature comforts. ALL car mfg's play to the most wanted views. Just means those who want something different are SOL.

I personally hate the new trend to put bucket seats with a center console and floor mounted shifter in everything these days. I prefer a column shift and a full bench. Most people want the buckets, console, and floor shifter though so that is what they are doing.

Oh, and btw, power windows are standard equipment on the base model Civic sedan.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
I personally hate the new trend to put bucket seats with a center console and floor mounted shifter in everything these days. I prefer a column shift and a full bench. Most people want the buckets, console, and floor shifter though so that is what they are doing.

+1 I loved the bench in my old Regal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back