Your Biggest Motor Oil Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placing a big order and realizing after it is on it's way I forgot to add a case of transmission fluid.

Interesting SilverSnake. I know now that my step father does not do his own maintainance on his vehicles now. Makes me kind of sad in a way. It also underscores the fact that physically he is not doing all too good as well. I noticed the last time I was with him at the house he had a noticeable limp at times. I don't blame him at all for having it done by someone else. Just hard to see him not doing things that he used to do. I also think this is the reason he has not enjoyed hunting as much the last couple of years as well. It's just hard in him physically to walk that far and that much. So, your thinking is well understood and well founded.

My biggest motor oil fear is that I will have to pay retail price.

I actually did that last month, and it was hard to do.
I bought a motorcycle and needed 15w-40, and had none in my stash, so I had to pay $10 for a gallon of Supertech.
That has been remedied thanks to the Peak 15w-40 Syn-blend clearance at AAP (7 gallons for $21 total)

Shearing down due to fuel dilution and the UOA doesn't show it. Gonna stick to 5-6k changes on syn until I can figure out what's really going on. Maybe I should do a piston soak.

Is it really oil in those plastic bottles I am pouring into my crankcase?

Or is it some of the dark amber maple syrup that doesn't fetch a good price on the maple syrup market, where light amber is the preferred color?

This keeps me up most nights. It should keep all of you up nights as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back