Wix XP efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MParr
Still pushing that company line. You must have been a Snake Oil salesman in a former life.

That's just nonsensical. Do you do this for fun or is there a more valid reason?

Reason? Yes. After looking at many threads started by others. Those people took time and effort to cut open many brands of filters and posted photos. Those threads eventually morphed into a sales pitch by FRAM’s local spokesperson. The same old cookie cutter speech.

Reason? Yes. After looking at many threads started by others. Those people took time and effort to cut open many brands of filters and posted photos. Those threads eventually morphed into a sales pitch by FRAM’s local spokesperson. The same old cookie cutter speech.

The title of this thread is "Wix XP efficiency". Other than gross defects or faults, what does a C&P show particularly in regards to filtering efficiency?

Still pushing that company line. You must have been a Snake Oil salesman in a former life.

Just for you ... "Nothing Beats an Ultra !!"

I'll be sure to repeat that in every thread you pop into. Kind of like the "DENSO" guy.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn

The title of this thread is "Wix XP efficiency". Other than gross defects or faults, what does a C&P show particularly in regards to filtering efficiency?

He doesn't know jack about oil filter efficiency ... don't waste your time. All he can contribute is harassment of board members.

I know you are a bully and attack anyone who doesn’t agree with your infomercials.

You are making an incorrect judgement about ZeeOSix. You would do well to understand where he is coming from.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
I know you are a bully and attack anyone who doesn’t agree with your infomercials.

You are making an incorrect judgement about ZeeOSix. You would do well to understand where he is coming from.

+1 to WellOiled .... MParr is accusing ZeeOSix of something without any proof, and is also calling him a liar. So, I'm sure all this will get noticed and the thread will probably be locked.

Just like ZeeOSix said, he used to use a lot of Purolator filters (PureONE and Classic) in the past before the tearing issue started. Anyone can look at his posts in the past and see this.

Originally Posted By: Garak
You won’t convince me otherwise.

He is right, though. Look at his posts from a few years back with regards to Purolator. He likes high efficiency filtration At one time, all things being equal, Purolator was leading that market. Now, there's something else, and the tearing issue didn't help, either.

+1 .... I agree with your post Garak.

Again ... you're just harassing me for no real reason except for some misconception in your head.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Again ... you're just harassing me for no real reason except for some misconception in your head.

Could the misconception be you don't support Wix his kind of filter?

Well said! I do 5,000 mile oil changes and I don’t go out of my way to buy the high dollar synthetic oil filters. I don’t need them in my applications. The WIX XP is a good oil filter. You can rest assured it will do what it’s designed to do. Buy what you like and works best in your particular application. I am now waiting for some more corporate cookie cutter nonsense.

Having been around here long enough, be rest assured that if the Wix XP exceeded the Fram Ultra in filtering numbers (on equal terms, of course, and in a credible fashion), and were priced exactly the same as the Fram Ultra with similar availability and dirt holding capacity, Z would be using the Wix XP so fast your head would spin.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
I, too, like the FU. But it's not a good ROI for me. I'll probably never run an OCI out long enough to make it the wise choice.

I can use a Wix/NG or TG easily out to 15k miles. Why pay more for the Ultra? I don't get any better filtering (in a tangible sense) in terms of efficiency or capacity. What little difference that may exist is so paltry small that we'll NEVER see the difference in wear control. There are other things that control engine wear more so than the oil filter nowadays.

IMO this is the most relevant post in the whole thread. There is nothing wrong with the FU or XP but if you are buying it believing you are doing anything to reduce engine wear you bought the advertising and fanboy hype.

Garak - Yep, I would use an XP if the efficiency was up there, and did say that earlier. I've use regular WIX filters on the Vette a few times too, nothing wrong with efficiency of 95% @ 20 microns (Reg WIX/NAPA Gold) - anything at that point or better is good by me. Lots of filters these days are capable of 95% @ 20 microns or better, so after checking that box it boils down to construction, reliability (no failures), price and availability. I'm an Ultra fanboy, but not a total fanboy and have used many other filters over the years.

Man you are telling the true of this site . You pretty much nail it . That exactly how I feel. Many fram worker roaming the site and suggest use their cardboard filter . When wix or other is much better with 1-2 dollar different . I can see that ..... miles away . Some one cut open a Mobil 1 . Then fram rep came over and suggest using their cardboard end cap . Also nip pick on small thing and bad mouth over on other brand. This site use to be the true . Now just over run by these fram rep. I knew some are just normal user like me and you . Some don’t . Don’t tell me fram rep is not exist here . I can see them from miles away . I wish this site back to the basic . Like old day . Now a day you open to tell the true . You feel like get harresment from sale rep that act like normal user .

Not a surprising post from a Fram hater ... just look at the signature. Some people seems to confuse members who talk about filter brands besides the ones they use automatically start thinking the site full of "company employees". Where's the tin foil hats - it's a "conspiracy"!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Also nip pick on small thing and bad mouth over on other brand.

You mean like your signature?

Since I can’t edit my preview post . Nothing is wrong with fram ultra . The filter is very quality . Fram does agree metal end cap is better that why it’s on ultra . I like ultra . But thing that make me hate fram one and for all is those fram rep that push user to use their filter .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back