Wix 57356 vs Fram TG7313

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I’d spend a little extra a buy a Fram Ultra.

Fram Ultra are good for 3 OCI s.

Especially when you get a case of 6 UG's for $25 on ebay

Dave

My only issue with the WIX (other than price) is that the base end bypass and coil spring take up a fair amount of space and the element is correspondingly shorter.

57356W4.jpg

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4642023/

TG7317N5.jpg

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4642020/

Nothing really wrong with either filter.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
My apologies in advance for probably asking a very dumb question,but what exactly does oil filter efficiency mean? Is the higher the number,the better?

Where have you been for those 17,969 posts over the last 11.4 years?
lol.gif
I smell troll BO.

Besides ... haven't you heard - "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Efficiency!!"

laugh.gif

Haha I promise no troll BO here (I used my Right Guard after my shower haha)
laugh.gif

You might want to expand your forum surfing and include the oil filter forum more.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
My only issue with the WIX (other than price) is that the base end bypass and coil spring take up a fair amount of space and the element is correspondingly shorter.

That is a negative for me too. Otherwise, WIX is a good filter, at least the regular WIX and NAPA Gold variety because they are pretty efficient. XP/Platinum ... blah, wouldn't be for me.

The Wix pleats look thicker and having less pleats,while the Fram's look thinner and having more pleats.

You prefer the oil to flow over dirty filter media then enter the engine thru a dome type bypass?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

The FUs I use are good for ONLY 1 OCI.
He means ANY FILTERS for only 1 OCI-just to make sure it was clear, in case they didn't read down to your signature...
lol.gif

I, on the other hand, like to live dangerously with 2 7500 mile OCIs on my XG2s and 2 10,000 mile ones on my XG3600s!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle

The FUs I use are good for ONLY 1 OCI.
He means ANY FILTERS for only 1 OCI-just to make sure it was clear, in case they didn't read down to your signature...
lol.gif

I, on the other hand, like to live dangerously with 2 7500 mile OCIs on my XG2s and 2 10,000 mile ones on my XG3600s!

Ya I live on the edge also lol, I'm running my XG2 and XG3675 on 2 5K OCI's, 10K total.

*Must note that I run full synthetic on both vehicles

Dave

You guys sure are dare devils.
Or, is it as you age you leave the oil filter on because it's too much work to remove it?
grin.gif

No lol. I leave them on to get most $$$ for my buck and Fram says:

"Have a new engine or trying to provide maximum protection for an older one? Ultra Synthetic provides top performance. Engineered to be paired with synthetic oil, it offers protection up to 20,000 and 99%+ filtration efficiency.†

Dave

I read somewhere that these Wix filters (white can) have a black rubber adbv as opposed to a silicone one.

You guys sure are dare devils.
Or, is it as you age you leave the oil filter on because it's too much work to remove it?
grin.gif

No, if I run a Purolator or Motorcraft I change them TWICE an OCI!

The Wix pleats look thicker and having less pleats,while the Fram's look thinner and having more pleats.

I count ~44 on the WIX and ~48 on the FRAM.

Maybe the WIX are slightly thicker (It really looks like they just aren’t folded as hard) but a lot of that appearance in the pictures is the size difference.

TG7317vMH57356.jpg

You prefer the oil to flow over dirty filter media then enter the engine thru a dome type bypass?

None of this stuff really matters, but I prefer the media to fill up the can to the extent possible, particularly when the manufacturer filters don’t include a base bypass.

Interestingly enough, the XP version of this part number does not include a base end bypass.

57356XP4.jpg

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4642025/

I read somewhere that these Wix filters (white can) have a black rubber adbv as opposed to a silicone one.

White WIX? The one I picked up was black and the ADBV was Silicone (It is in the tread linked in the previous post)

BTW, It probably also bears mentioning that I’ve cut open most of the common Honda fitment filters and some not so common, just search post started by me.

Last edited:
White WIX? The one I picked up was black and the ADBV was Silicone (It is in the tread linked in the previous post)

I believe there was a dated NAPA Gold white example posted somewhere here, in that model number, the 7356. Mine is black with silicone, so perhaps the example was old stock. I remember quite a while back there was talk about the Wix 57356 switching to silicone ADBVs, so it must have been nitrile at one time. Sayjac and others who have used that part number for years might know.

Yet when I go to OR I get one that is black... Go figure. They are about awesome as Walmart is when it comes to their website pictures... Aka short bus material
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back