Wix 57356 vs Fram TG7313

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few cut open filters that the louvers looked almost closed in sections, but when viewed from the other side they were well opened.
Not many talk about the rough edges on the louver holes, it could be steel is broken loose, on it's way to the main bearings. Have yet to see smoothly made louvers.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
That closed louvers thing scares me. That picture above is crazy!!

Yes, that was my example, that I returned.
wink.gif

I just check now and make sure when I buy. That's a bit of an expensive price that you mentioned, but not the end of the world. I get them closer to $7 (much cheaper that that even with the NAPA Gold sale I stumbled across).

I bought the Wix filter,it says Mann Hummel on the package and is made in the USA. Looks to be built like a tank! Is Mann Hummel a good filter?

Mann makes some great filters, especially in their European applications. They messed up Purolator a little bit, or Purolator slipped all on its own under their ownership. Wix still seems to be sufficient under their ownership, so I'm happy with using them. When I had the old Audi, I used a lot of Mann oil filters. If you think a Wix is built like a tank, check an OE style Mann for a German application.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: deven
... Never said anything was wrong with the A02 but anyone who has seen both the A01's and A02's cut open will conclude that the A01's are built better visually. A02's look uglier when cut open than A01's hence my saying about putting lipstick on a pig!
Only a dummy would care, as long as they function well.

I would rather give my money to a company that makes filters whose media is not all wavy looking. Just my preference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back