Why no love for QS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Lexus V6 in the SC3 loved QS. THe word for this is Dynamic results of certain oil to certain engines, nothing to go ga ga about, well atleast if you're a hardcore oil fan or say, car fan.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: RyanY
Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
I only buy oils that are owned by American companies...

Please don't take this personally, but I noticed (in your sig) that you own a Nissan.
Don't their profits go to Japan?

...now that right there is funny!

About as hilarious as it gets
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Puckrobber
I've used Quaker State oils in many of my vehicles, since I was first starting to drive. Never had an issue with their stuff. Been thinking lately about using the brand in my Tahoe w/ the 5.3L. Always seemed to be a no nonsense quality oil, at a decent price.

thumbsup2.gif

I agree with you completely ... Quaker State, Formula Shell, and Pennzoil are very smooth-running oils; they've always been that way in any vehicle/engine I've used them in.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: Puckrobber
I've used Quaker State oils in many of my vehicles, since I was first starting to drive. Never had an issue with their stuff. Been thinking lately about using the brand in my Tahoe w/ the 5.3L. Always seemed to be a no nonsense quality oil, at a decent price.

thumbsup2.gif

I agree with you completely ... Quaker State, Formula Shell, and Pennzoil are very smooth-running oils; they've always been that way in any vehicle/engine I've used them in.

Amen to that!
cheers3.gif
Plus, the price isn't bad. My Wal-Mart doesn't carry the Shell brands, but the Quaker State and Pennzoil are usually around $20 for a 5 Qt. jug. Sometimes, even less.
grin.gif

The QS oil ran better than even the venerable PP itself, but it also made my old SC incur oil seepage, some visible at the top and probably elsewhere, but could it have been what started in the oil's prior to the QS and maybe QS just seeped due to better performance? it ran like the Dickens in Charles Dicken's era tho and though is how it was spelled back then.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of shell products.

I had been an avid Maxlife user in a few vehicles but i'm going to be switching to QS high mileage to see if ti works better with consumption and slowing seal leaks.

you can get a 5 quart jug of QS HM for 14.17 at walmart, not a bad price.

I'm telling you, I just picked up 2 5 quart jugs of M1 0w30, but I was tempted to get 5w30 qsud, it was 19.88 at wally world, the M1 was 25, so still a good deal on it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back