Why no love for QS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using QSUD in 5W30 for last 4 years. Lots of retailer sales every few months so I'm OK.

How can you tell your vehicle "likes it"? Then I'll look for the same signs here! Thanks!

I ran QS The last few years...my 2.4L also likes it
Something about the formula i think it runs
Quiet, the idle is very smooth and quiet, and
I never had to top off with QSUD or Defy
So minimal burn off

I ran QSUD, defy, and QSGB
All 5w30
I really liked QSUD
They had rebates the last 2-3 years but none yet this year
Im hoping they change that soon!

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
I only buy oils that are owned by American companies. Qs and Pennzoil are inferior products to Mobil or Valvoline and are owned by a Dutch-British company, meaning their profits don't end up here in America. My two cents.

Yes, folks know where Royal Dutch Shell came from, not sure how many know they own Pennzoil/QS … and probably less folks know Castrol is from British Petroleum … but they are undeniably good products …
None the less … your attempts at patriotism are well noted …

I only buy oils that are owned by American companies. Qs and Pennzoil are inferior products to Mobil or Valvoline and are owned by a Dutch-British company, meaning their profits don't end up here in America. My two cents.

What an outdated train of thought. It's a global economy now.

Originally Posted By: gmh101357
Ive run QS high mileage 5w-20 now since about 70k miles and the Highlander2.4 has 93k miles
I started using the syn blend QS at about 40k because the engine seems to like QS better than Valvoline reg oil for almost the same price.
I never see QS Talked about in forum....

If you like the synthetic blend, you’ll really like the full synthetic. Happened to have a photo. LOL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Originally Posted By: CT8
QS isn't the official oil of NASCAR.

Who cares?

I agree .

Originally Posted By: jmsjags

What an outdated train of thought. It's a global economy now.

Does not mean we have to like it ! :-(

Global economy typically equals negative circumstances for regular everyday working people here. We used to be the makers of real things at one time. Now... We are the consumption Kings of the world. Way out of balance.

Quaker State has very good oils. No doubt about that. Getting a bit hard to find some of their products though.

It gets talked about, and used.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Global economy typically equals negative circumstances for regular everyday working people here. We used to be the makers of real things at one time. Now... We are the consumption Kings of the world. Way out of balance.

Quaker State has very good oils. No doubt about that. Getting a bit hard to find some of their products though.

it all started way back in 1971....sealing the fate of USA....then again in 2001.
Its not rocket science that trading with poorer countries its going to LOWER your standards till they equalize.

Good for you. Do people realize Shell’s GTL is made in Qatar?

If this is the only way to differentiate between the quality of Shell v. XOM, it’s a good one.

Thank you for your discernment Sir!

Last edited:
I have some QS in my stash waiting its turn
Really good oil and performs well
Yes it just had a $7 rebate within the past 6 months or so.
Just so many good oils out there now and rebates, sales, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back