Why i will never recommend Hyundai

Still sticking to 4,000 > 6,000 intervals with '18 Accent .

Looks O.K. for what little that can be seen . Took picture last night .

IMG_1081.JPG

@Vermess your thread keeps getting bumped.
What has happened since?
To me from what you stated, the mechanics clearly mis-diagnosed the AC issue and you, and the owner were very frustrated for spending money that wasnt correct. Did they finally solve the issue? Did corporate assist? No need to post paperwork, that is PPI.

Give us closure. Everything else here has been anecdotal comments. :)

As a side note, I personally like certain vintage Hyundai/Kias, but avoid all since they went DI. My last was a 2008 Kia Sedona, which I see several still on the road today.

What has happened since?
To me from what you stated, the mechanics clearly mis-diagnosed the AC issue and you, and the owner were very frustrated for spending money that wasnt correct. Did they finally solve the issue? Did corporate assist? No need to post paperwork, that is PPI.

As a side note, I personally like certain vintage Hyundai/Kias, but avoid all since they went DI. My last was a 2008 Kia Sedona, which I see several still on the road today.
What classifies any H/K as "vintage"?

What classifies any H/K as "vintage"?
Pre ~2010-2013ish
Before GDI, before they were any good looking (new)
When Peter Schreyer took charge of head design @ Kia, they started being desirable
Hyundai called it "Fluidic Design"
Around 2012 (In the US) or so is when H/K started making good looking nice driving cars with a long warranty, at a competitive price
We're about a decade down the road, and we're know learning where corners were cut
1689697823306.png

Last edited:
Hmm, great question. I pay attention to what is on the road constantly. I no longer see many 2010 or older Elantras, Sonatas or Sedonas. My personal definition there is vintage. :ROFLMAO:
I could say the same for a few other brands to include domestic that compete in the same market. The 2009 "Cash For Clunkers" program sent to the crusher a used car market generation bubble that skews what we see on the market today.

Hmm, great question. I pay attention to what is on the road constantly. I no longer see many 2010 or older Elantras, Sonatas or Sedonas. My personal definition there is vintage. :ROFLMAO:
Plenty on the road around here. See them quite often.

What has happened since?

Hey bud.

After the AC debacle and engine eating oil and her battles, not even 2 days later that dealership sent her a text that they were looking to stock their used inventory. They bought the car from her at a great price. She was able to use the cash and buy a new Mazda cx5(???) Suv. She loves it.

Word to the wise.....don't get a sister. They drive you bonkers.

Hey bud.

After the AC debacle and engine eating oil and her battles, not even 2 days later that dealership sent her a text that they were looking to stock their used inventory. They bought the car from her at a great price. She was able to use the cash and buy a new Mazda cx5(???) Suv. She loves it.

Word to the wise.....don't get a sister. They drive you bonkers.
Good for her!!! And great choice with the Mazda. Have an older sister, know exactly what you are talking about. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back