Why have motor oil prices gone up so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re certainly not making as much as they were in 2019 on it.

I have a fairly good idea of what their cost is per quart - I’m not particularly at liberty to say how much it is. But, they’re making significantly less then 2019.

Again, I expect their prices to continue to creep up.
Again, your numbers don't add up. No retailer is going to sell any of their products at a loss...

Again, your numbers don't add up. No retailer is going to sell any of their products at a loss...

Add up against what?

As I said, in 2019, they were making a lot of money on oil.

In 2022, they’re not losing money. But not making a ton either.

You, do not have to believe my numbers. You don’t. Others can vouch for me, I am an owner of one of the largest lubricants distributors in the US. My numbers are completely factual. Even HPL, Agrees with them.

If you don’t like it, don’t believe it, that’s fine. But there’s the information. You can make your own decisions from there.

If you don’t like it, don’t believe it, that’s fine. But there’s the information. You can make your own decisions from there.
It's hard to have a conversation when someone has their head stuck in the sand.. or with grumpy man yelling at cloud. Your info was well presented.
image_2022-10-29_124600758.png

Add up against what?

You, do not have to believe my numbers. You don’t. Others can vouch for me, I am an owner of one of the largest lubricants distributors in the US. My numbers are completely factual. Even HPL, Agrees with them.

The math is simple. If the costs to bring motor oil to the shelf have doubled, but the price of the product has gone up 60%, they are losing money selling it. The only possible explanation is the costs you have mentioned have not gone up as much as you claim they have...

The math is simple. If the costs to bring motor oil to the shelf have doubled, but the price of the product has gone up 60%, they are losing money selling it. The only possible explanation is the costs you have mentioned have not gone up as much as you claim they have...

Wow.

You might want to double check your math. Because you’re missing a key point.

Add up against what?

Reladyne? (BTW, I agree with your numbers & position on this, we have a devil of a time getting anything these days, in parts, etc.)

Reladyne? (BTW, I agree with your numbers & position on this, we have a devil of a time getting anything these days, in parts, etc.)

Close, but no. However there is a fun story between the Oehler family and mine. Actually, a lot of good stories.

Sorry, your numbers just don't add up...

My numbers make perfect sense.

You just don’t know the math. Because you’re missing major points.

You’re assuming they’re making the same profit margin.

Hypothetically, in 2019 Walmart could of been paying $7 for a 5 quart jug. And selling it for $17.

Hypothetically in 2022, they could be buying a 5 quart jug for $18, and selling it for $24.

And my numbers make perfect sense. And… are probably pretty close to the truth.

You just can’t do math, nor do you know the industry. And that’s okay.

The US could be out of diesel fuel in less than 25 day, if that happens you wont have to worry about higher prices, there will be nothing to buy.
There is only one person to blame. Thanks ESJ.

The US could be out of diesel fuel in less than 25 day, if that happens you wont have to worry about higher prices, there will be nothing to buy.
There is only one person to blame. Thanks ESJ.

Click bait and false.

I wrote a company wide email about this yesterday. It was 3 pages in Microsoft word.

Please don’t make this political.

The real question is why has everything gone up????? Elections have results and that is what we got with the last one....bad results...

Could you post anything any more irrelevant?
How about if I tell you how to save 100% on your oil purchases?. Stop being a old cheapskate and get with the times. If oil is too expensive for you, get rid of everything in your life that needs oil . There, you saved an easy 100 %. That relevant enough for you?.,,

The real question is why has everything gone up????? Elections have results and that is what we got with the last one....bad results...
There's another one around the corner. What happens if "the man" doesn't like the status quo and wants change? He pulls strings to tick off the populace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back