Why have an oil stash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 96 qts of motor oil on hand. 48 qts are QSUD I got for $0.99 / qt back when I lived in the Great Lakes area and a SOPUS rebate was stacked with a Menard's sale & rebate. 10 qts are PP from when an iBotta rebate was stackable with a SOPUS rebate. Another 10 qts are QSUD with a deep WM online rollback combined with a SOPUS rebate.

The rest is misc $2 to $3 / qt after rebate and / or sale Valvoline, NAPA, & PUP.

Our fleet calls for 20 qts / year

FWIW I was a stasher of motor oil & filters decades before I discovered BITOG. I got the habit from my dad. He passed away in late 1986 and I didn't use up the last of his oil stash until 1992.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stockrex
Officially the term "Stash" should only be used if u'yer measuring in Gallons.

If you measure in qts, I respectfully content that it does not meet the threshold of a stash
whistle.gif

and it is a disease...

You are correct. Thanks to Ford and cj4 I have:

20 gallons delvac-1
15 gallons of rottella t5 from autozone clearance

I think that should be enough to last until I trade the truck in for the next one.

I recently gave my brother 6 cases (36 quarts) of Havoline Syn that I got from AAP clearance sale.

Im slowly using what I have left.

You guys......

Instead of wasting it, why can't you think of someone other than your own SELF?

I'm sure if you ask around just a little but,
you can find a single mom or low-income family that could certainly use an oil change.

Pay it FORWARD.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
You guys......

Instead of wasting it, why can't you think of someone other than your own SELF?

I'm sure if you ask around just a little but,
you can find a single mom or low-income family that could certainly use an oil change.

Pay it FORWARD.

Exactly, I do this with a few people I work at the food bank with
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Look at BlueOvalFitter's experience.

Best to keep this stuff on the downlow unfortunately.

I'm sorry,
but what happened?

Back in the days of the green GC I had a huge stash of oil! At first it was because the green GC was so hard to find but then after a couple of years they changed the formula and many thought it might not be as good so I scooped up every last of the green formula that I could find. I think I was up to about 80 liters at the most. Once that ran out, I stopped having a huge stash of oil. Now I just buy enough for the next oil change for each car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back