Who wants to see an indepth GC VOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm down. Tell me when and where I can send a money order
cheers.gif

I would agree to chip in IF we can get a deal to do a burn test on a few oils, not just the GC. I would like to see Amsoil 0W-30, 5W-30, GC and M1 10W-30 ........can we get a deal if we do 4 ols?????????

Since this oil has given me such a stellar report, I don't really care what's in it anymore--it's proven itself to me, even if the primary ingredient is peanut oil. But I'll pony up $10 just to see what the base oil blend is comprised of.

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
I would agree to chip in IF we can get a deal to do a burn test on a few oils, not just the GC. I would like to see Amsoil 0W-30, 5W-30, GC and M1 10W-30 ........can we get a deal if we do 4 ols?????????

Alex,
According to Terry, the burn costs about $400....so it could get rather pricey to test all four oils you mentioned.
We do have a lot of people on this board though.....so let's spread the word!!!!!
burnout.gif

I'll try not to threadjack with this question. Is a burn test like performing a GC (Gas Chromatography)? If so, a friend of mine works in a lab which analyses oils for the Canadian Navy (I'll ask him more about it on monday when I see him during my organic III lab).

Anyhow, if we'd be running a GC on GC, then I can always ask him if he could do the test for me for free.

Otherwise, I don't mind chipping in a whopping $10.
wink.gif
CDN or USD ?

(remember $10 USD is like $3500 CDN
wink.gif
)

Asmodus, that would be great and tell him we need a MASS SPEC run too.

I'll need to know the the base oil signature plus every add burn signature. IF you can get it free post it and we'll break it down online if I have guidance from the Navy lab.

If not I am waiting for a response ( price quote for Dyson Analysis ) from a trusted lab that is very good at interpreting the GC signatures.

Terry

[ November 11, 2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Terry,

I should see him tomorow and ask about a Mass Spec. So I take it that a burn test is actually a Gas Chromatography?

I really hope it works out, would be nice to get this info for free.
smile.gif

Asmodeus, affirmative. I'll need to know the machine, technique used, and guidelines for their protocal.

If Mola wants to help me dissect the carbon chains please feel free to chime in if we get the data on here.

Free would be nice and I'll donate the "read" to the board members.

If I source through a contract lab I am attempting to get a better price but the procedure is costly.

If you guys aren't serious enough to ante up please let me know ASAP as I am attemtping to work a deal and I'll get stuck holding the GC bag !

Also for discussion here; I may get a break on testing the Belgium SLX 0w-30 formula which is made in Germany would that satisfy all ? I believe it is the same juice sold in N.A.

Terry

GC detectives; to provide a ICP/GC run will cost the board members $300. I also need a Qt or Liter of the product as I cannot find it here in NE Texas.

I am reluctant to use the data on the SLX Belgium product as we can't be sure its the same stuff. And you guys need some closure !

It is possible that the complexity of the formula will require a proprietary dialysis run to further divide the GC testing depending on the formula. That would be an additional $250. Won't know until we run the GC scan if it is needed.

At any rate for $300 you will have ASTM standard analysis to share.

So let me know, the lab is ready.

For the Canadian Defence forces lab,
canada.gif
, if that works I will read the data for the members for free. I'm not sure that we will get enough out of them for a thorough read, but for a free "run" lets try it.

Terry

Spoke to my friend, he said no problem for the GC and Mass Spec. Mass spec is being repaired at the moment, so when it's up and running i'll give him the GC and send you the results.

I'm taking note of the information required for the analysis and pass it on.

Gotta run now, need to solve some Organic Synthesis Q's for my assignment.
frown.gif

Asmodeus,
bowdown.gif
You the man !!!!! God Bless the CDF !!!!

Do good on the tests, have you considered working in the oil formulating/ R&D field ?

SBC , don't send that oil just yet !!! Thanks.

This will be a blast, online for all to see !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back