Who wants to see an indepth GC VOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
For $400, Terry Dyson can do an indepth VOA on GC 0w30 which will tell us the type of base oil it uses, so if 40 of us get together and commit to contributing to this, we could get the cost per person down to $10 each, and then when we're ready we'll Paypal him the money for the tests.

So who else is willing to chip in $10 for this test? I'm definitely in!

count me in.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
Read this analysis, and then count me out.

I have to agree. With Schaeffer's providing numbers like this, why run anything else?

Anyway, I'm still curious about the GC so I'll be willing throw in $10.

Will Castrol change the formula on us 2 weeks after we get the results?
tongue.gif

While I believe that schaeffers is an excellent oil, not everyone is willing to order it. And with the cost of shipping though tim, it is closer to the price of GC. Also, GC seems to beat the schaeffers in certain engines, such as patman's firebird (I got it right that time
tongue.gif
). I am very curious as to the formulation of GC, although I am worried about castrol changing the formulation to increase their profit margin.
frown.gif

With 3100 mile oil changes on both oils in your engine, GC and Schaeffers, the difference is not noticeable enough to use the word awesome. Now let's look at the 6100 mile results on this engine with both GC and Schaeffers. Extended drains is the key, not 3k. Heck use Super Tech for those miles and pocket the change. But for the "awesome" report go here:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000907

dunno.gif

When I wrote Castrol they replied that they use 100% PAO basestock for the SLX (Castrol Germany). They didn't mention the additive package but their literature makes it out to be something special also.

I'd save the $400 analysis on this one.

Ok guys....if you want to discuss oil and what protects better, look somewhere else...there is a lot of threads on the subject. This is a fundraiser to test an oil.
Rick

I've been wondering that myself. He was a very funny guy and I enjoyed his posts. He had an ability to cut through some of the more "tense/arguementative" threads.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back