Wheel wax help

Anybody have experience with Chemical Guys wheel wax products? They have Wheel Guard and Max Coat Wheel Guard. I read their descriptions and it looks like one is for chrome and the other for polished rims. I have polished forged aluminum Weld Pro Stars and I polish them with Mothers. I am open to suggestions for other products also.

I personally don't see the need to protect wheels. Their finish is much tougher than painted body panels to begin with....and with so many effective wheel cleaner products on the market, efficient cleaning is rarely an issue.

I've seen both negleted chrome and polished wheels, plated or clear coated, they still need to be maintained. ;)

I personally don't see the need to protect wheels. Their finish is much tougher than painted body panels to begin with....and with so many effective wheel cleaner products on the market, efficient cleaning is rarely an issue.
My gloss black aftermarket wheels would like a word with you. Haha. It takes as long to properly (thoroughly) detail them as it does the rest of the vehicle. There are lots of nooks and crannies that have to be agitated to actually get clean. It's annoying, but they look so nice for a day or two! Water spots are the biggest issue. Keeping them waxed with a spray-on/buff off product adds little to the cleaning process but helps them stay cleaner longer, and they're easier to clean the next time.

OP, I use Griot's 3-n-1 spray wax on mine. Helps a little, and works great on the rest of the car, too. You don't actually need a wheel-specific product to protect, and most of them labeled as such are just regular protectants in smaller packages at a higher price, especially from the likes of Chemical Guys.

Back