Show me your '15+ F150 with 18x9 or 18x10 Wheels

Currently debating keeping my 2016 F150 SC 5.0L or selling it. Pretty sure we are leaning towards keeping it though, so looking for input.

A while back I had to purchase a used set of wheels as the factory wheels "PVD-like Chrome" (as the window sticker states) was flaking off every wheel and was leaving huge, dark black spots all over. I purchased the used set cheap, knowing that when it was time to get new tires they would for sure need to be replaced, too. Tons of little pit marks all over 3 of 4 wheels that have since just gotten worse (as expected).
Before this winter hit I finally had to get new tires (Falken Wildpeak AT3 295/70R18), but I was not putting on new wheels and exposing them to the winter right off the start.
So looking for what some BITOG folks have on their '15 or newer F150's.
Have the XLT Chrome Package on the truck, so wheels need to be available in Chrome 18x9 or 18x10.
Looking for offset examples in the +10 to +20 range, too.

Here's a pic of mine:
Clean Truck.jpg

Seems like there’s a site called wheel offsets .com or something that might have exactly what you are looking for.

I have oem 18s on mine - it came with 20s and I didn’t like the ride. They are probably 18x8. It rides quite well and with 36-38 psi in it, handles better than a pickup should. Staying with oem backspacing, I’ve not messed up scrub radius or aero/mpg. It’s become a pretty cool truck for me, with added rear sway and adjustable rear shocks, it can actually be a little bit of a canyon carver.

Wider wheel/tire combos will reduce mpg and unbalance the steering a bit. Most people are fine with it to a degree. I like to at least preserve the scrub radius since it really sorts out handling.

That said, I love enkei wheels and had those on another vehicle. If they had cool offerings in an 18 and close to factory offset, maybe just a touch outboard, I’d be tempted to spend.

Seems like there’s a site called wheel offsets .com or something that might have exactly what you are looking for.

I have oem 18s on mine - it came with 20s and I didn’t like the ride. They are probably 18x8. It rides quite well and with 36-38 psi in it, handles better than a pickup should. Staying with oem backspacing, I’ve not messed up scrub radius or aero/mpg. It’s become a pretty cool truck for me, with added rear sway and adjustable rear shocks, it can actually be a little bit of a canyon carver.

Wider wheel/tire combos will reduce mpg and unbalance the steering a bit. Most people are fine with it to a degree. I like to at least preserve the scrub radius since it really sorts out handling.

That said, I love enkei wheels and had those on another vehicle. If they had cool offerings in an 18 and close to factory offset, maybe just a touch outboard, I’d be tempted to spend.
If I remember right, the factory 18's had an offset right around +30, same as the current aftermarket set I have on now. Not looking for the crazy negative offset, but want to move it out just a touch where the tire seems to be right in line with the edge of the wheel well. Currently feel like the tires seem "tucked" under a touch. +10 is probably more than I want to go and the +20 range would probably be more what I am looking for.

I'll check out wheel offsets .com and see what I can find! Thanks!

You will have a hard time finding 18x10" wheels with a positive offset. There are a few offerings in 18X9.5 like Black Rhino.
An easy site to scope out wheels is Custom offsets in Wisconsin.
www.customoffsets.com

Negative offsets in the winter are a disaster. The side of your truck and mirrors will get sprayed with slush and salt water. And, negative offsets reduce tire clearance, especially on GMs, because since 1973 they haven't figured out that tires are round not square.
I have two sets of 20x10 -18 Fuel carosel with 295/65R20 Toyo CTs on one set and Nitto 295/55R20 EXO studded on the other.
Both sets required breaking out the angle grinder and installing Bush Whackers.
18x9" zero offset worked fine with 275/70R18s on my son's 2013 1500 GMC with no cutting except maybe some off the front bumper and the air dam got taken off in the bush one day.

edit; My SIL has 295/70R18 Cooper ST Maxx on his 07 1/2 3500 Ram on 18x9" zero offset wheels. The tires look like they could use a wider wheel. My 2011 GMC 2500 has 285/75 R18s on stock 18x8" +44 wheels and clear OK on a 2018 3500 Chev, but needed a little trimming on the 2011. Those tires would like a wider wheel in the 9" to 10" range to sharpen up the handling.

My daughter says that 18s make her sea sick and must have 20s on her 3500.
Maybe I'll get her some 19.5s and pump them up to 120 psi.

Last edited:
You will have a hard time finding 18x10" wheels with a positive offset. There are a few offerings in 18X9.5 like Black Rhino.
An easy site to scope out wheels is Custom offsets in Wisconsin.
www.customoffsets.com

Negative offsets in the winter are a disaster. The side of your truck and mirrors will get sprayed with slush and salt water. And, negative offsets reduce tire clearance, especially on GMs, because since 1973 they haven't figured out that tires are round not square.
I have two sets of 20x10 -18 Fuel carosel with 295/65R20 Toyo CTs on one set and Nitto 295/55R20 EXO studded on the other.
Both sets required breaking out the angle grinder and installing Bush Whackers.
18x9" zero offset worked fine with 275/70R18s on my son's 2013 1500 GMC with no cutting except maybe some off the front bumper and the air dam got taken off in the bush one day.
That is exactly why I know I won't go negative offset, LOL. That is also why I am curious about the +10 to +20 range. I want to get as close to inline with the edge of the wheel well as possible, maybe just a smalllll bit of tire outside it. I don't really want to chance flinging a rock against the side of my truck or just splashing crap all up and down the sides.

Will definitely checkout Custom Offsets! Thank you!

Back