Please recommend TPMS Replacements

TPMS is a joke. See if there’s a way to disable the system. If people check their pressures regularly we wouldn’t need nonsense. What ever you do don’t be that guy and use PVC pipe with sensors installed filled with air to trick the system like their installed.
It's not a joke when a tire picks up a nail and you're going 70 on the highway and the light comes on letting you know of low pressure so you can slow down and prevent a rollover on the next sharp curve.

It's not a joke when a tire picks up a nail and you're going 70 on the highway and the light comes on letting you know of low pressure so you can slow down and prevent a rollover on the next sharp curve.
That’s in a perfect world situation. Most accidents don’t happen that way. I guarantee you most folks don’t even look at their dash.

I order from tpms.com. Huf intellisens sensors have never let me down. They have a set of four for your application for about $100

So on my 2018 Silverado 3500 WT needs new tires. I've been wanting up upgrade the factory steel wheels, so I just recently bought these polished aluminum factory take-off's....

I could have the tire shop remove the old tires from the steelies and re-use the TPMS's, or I could buy a new set (the original factory ones are already 5.5 years old).

Can you guys recommend a brand and/or source for a new set of TPMS's?
Phishin

I was on a road trip last month a few thousand miles from home and my TPMS sensor went off on my 2011 Ford Expedition. Thankfully it wasn't a Flat tire, just a dead battery on a 12+ yr old TPMS sensor.
Last week when I went to Discount Tire for a tire rotation, I had all 4 TPMS sensors replaced.
The sensors they replaced them with were Schrader 33560
$50/per tire sensor=$215 total
I was in and out in about 30 minutes, and everything is working Great!
Good Luck

I just ordered a set of Shrader senors off Amazon for one of my Nissans a few days ago. They were around $28/ea. Hoping for the best.

I have been using the Autel MX sensors in my last few vehicles, with great success. They have been set an forget.

I bought a kit with sensors and the programmer / tool. For me it had paid for it self, It keeps my fleet going and have fixed a few friends vehicles too. Especially useful here in Canada where we tend to have winter and summer tire / wheel combos.

Keep in mind that even if you choose to reuse the old sensors, you're going to have to buy service kits for each wheel when they swap them over. If they're rubber stems then you'll need new rubber stems. Hopefully the sensors are the type that have replaceable stems. If they're metal stems then you'll want to get new rubber seal rings and aluminum stem nuts. Either way, you're going to have to spend a bit of money.

If it were my vehicle I'd reuse the original TPMS sensors. You'll likely wear the tires out before the batteries die and that will place the replacement timing perfectly in line with tire replacement. Even if a sensor does fail a few years down the road, it isn't something that will leave you stranded. It's a critical safety feature but it's not "mission essential".

sensor stems.JPG

Purchase from a reputable supplier to be sure of compatibility. If possible self-install when tires are being changed. Did mine myself and expect them to last at least the life of the tire. Easy enough to reset, at least on a BMW. No programming was required. Used same process for reset as for seasonal change between summer and winter tires.

One good feature Autel TS508 and Autel MX sensors give you - you can check battery condition/voltage.
MX sensors are about US$25 and are dual freq so you can use them on any car, very versatile. Now since I already have the tool I can read sensors conditions any time and to program new ones when need arises. Sticking with same sensor eliminates tire balancing need when changing sensors too as they weigh same.

Tubeless tires don't just blow out. You must have hit something in the road or had a bubble in the tire that finally let go. Neither of which scenarios TPMS is made to address.
There is still drop in pressure. And even if sensor blew off, he should get warning that communication between module and sensor is lost.

Back