What your to go filter for every vehicles 1 oil filter 1 oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people don't understand of care about filter efficiency. "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Efficiency!"
laugh.gif

TG is pretty much my go to on the Tacoma, and the rest or listed in my signature. I'd use TG's on everything if they were still available here. Once my Tacoma TG stash is gone (I bought out a ton when they went on clearance at TSC last fall) I'll probably use Napa Gold on everything since those are easy to get ahold of here locally. Likely stick with the OCOD on the diesel truck though because it's the cheapest option, a dang WIX filter is almost $30 for that thing, so I imagine a NG is about the same. While the Fram is about $13. As of now, I can only get Frams at a locally owned farm and ranch supply store and so they don't have much for PCMO filters, just diesels and tractor stuff mainly. I'm kinda sketchy about using Napa filters now that they're owned by Mann+Hummel but my options are getting pretty limited aside from having to order online! The perks of living in a small town in the middle of nowhere! Lol

The Corvette gets either Fram Ultra or Mobil 1. The ford gets the OEM filter and the Jeep gets Mopar or Mobile 1 but I am going to try a super tech on the Jeep. The Honda Civic gets the $2.00 Menards Quaker State filter or a Super tech. I have used these on previous Hondas and never had any oil burning issues and seem to run as long as I want to keep them.

Was XG10575 until I got concerned over PRV pressure setting … so using PF63E for now … did just get a couple Baldwin equivalents and an RP 20-500 out of curiosity … then decided to keep that for post warranty …
Ford gets Fram XG and Cruze gets Hengst …

I buy WIX 51515 for $3.91 for the Tundra and WIX oil filters for the other Toyota and Hyundai all for < $4.50. each. The 51515 is actually the TRD filter for the Gen 1 Tundra. Likewise WIX air filters for all those vehicles. Also WIX for the Kubota air filter, and hydrostatic filters. I don't know why O'Reilly is price gouging on WIX where you live, but I buy from Rock Auto and pay half of that. Don't blame WIX for O'Reilly's profiteering.

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
i seen Scotty Kilmer talk about Premium guard, also ecoguard, where do you get these local from ?

We're going to cancel your BITOG membership for admitting that you watched Scotty Kilmer
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back