What your to go filter for every vehicles 1 oil filter 1 oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tig1
Switch to M1 oil and most any decent filter and your good for 10K OCIs. The oil you use is far more important than the filter you use,

crackmeup2.gif

I order 6 to 12 filters at a time from RockAuto.com . Helps " spread out " the freight coasts , as oil filters do not weigh much . Especially the cartridge filters .

With conventional oil I change oil / filter at 3,000 miles . With synthetic oil , 4,000 - 5,000 miles .

Switch to M1 oil and most any decent filter and your good for 10K OCIs. The oil you use is far more important than the filter you use,

shocked2.gif
crazy2.gif
did he seriously just say that?
33.gif
spankme2.gif

See if your local NAPA has a filter sale (usually twice a year) . Their Gold filters are sold below cost.

Originally Posted by Artem

shocked2.gif
crazy2.gif
33.gif
spankme2.gif

Use the right oil, and you won't even need an oil filter.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Artem

shocked2.gif
crazy2.gif
33.gif
spankme2.gif

laugh.gif

That doesn't sound like you … perhaps a bot? … select all fire hydrants in this grid

DE04A105-D93F-494E-A7B9-9880116219E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
laugh.gif

That doesn't sound like you … perhaps a bot? … select all fire hydrants in this grid

lol.gif
laugh.gif
= sarcasm

Can't help myself … driven crazy trying to search Discount Tire … then it changes pages and right back to bot-tifa

My list of goto filters: WIX Standard, NAPA Gold, Fram TG.

I need a silicone ADBV for the longer OCIs.

I do like it when I can go to Walmart and pickup what I want off the shelf for a decent price. So this generally means Fram.

IMO a mid 60's VW did not do very well without a filter.
13.gif

For Hondas with the MM, I use the PH7317 now that it has the silicone ADBV, since it is essentially an A02. The OCI is the one suggested by the MM

For GM cars with the OLM that have a spin-on can, Wix or TG to the OLM-suggested OCI

For other spin-on applications, Fram Ultra or Wix to 10k

For the cartridge filters, Mann, Mahle, Purflux, or Hengst.

On the 2.2L Ecotec, I like the Purflux the best.

If I ever change the oil on a Pentastar, I would use the Wix XP/Napa Platinum

Originally Posted by 4WD
Can't help myself … driven crazy trying to search Discount Tire … then it changes pages and right back to bot-tifa

Now that's funny.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

I dint expect this to be 3 long page lol . wix and napa gold is around 8-9$ around here. with that price I might as well pick up FU. but its a wasted for 1 oil change. I still see wix xp is better for 2 dollar more over FU. I will check out this STP / PG at auto zone.

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
I dint expect this to be 3 long page lol . wix and napa gold is around 8-9$ around here. with that price I might as well pick up FU. but its a wasted for 1 oil change. I still see wix xp is better for 2 dollar more over FU. I will check out this STP / PG at auto zone.

WIX XP is "better"? In what way? Generally the WIX XP filter has lesser filtration efficiency than many comparable/extended service filters.

Fram Ultra has better efficiency, along with the high capacity offered by nearly all extended service filters... FU > XP, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back