What seat position do you usually like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 6'5" and drive a Suburban. Even though it's a big vehicle, the cockpit space is lacking. I used to keep the seat as far back as possible and low. I mistakenly thought I needed the headroom. Last summer, I removed the driver seat to replace the seat cushion and had to put the seat all the way up to make room to access the bolts. After replacing the cushion, I replaced the seat assembly and jumped in to see how it felt. I immediately noticed how much better the seat felt raised up. No head clearance issues and my legs feel better on long rides. Thankfully, this old dog learned a new trick.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Whaaaaat? None of your business!

You nut.... too bad they don't have rocking chair seats. I would be all in!

They do have dynamic seats which have a massage function and side bolsters that inflate when you take turns. Even the front cushion pushes out a little bit more. Nice to play with on long drives, but I don't bother on local short ones.

Just kidding & having fun!!!
laugh.gif

I like to be more upright with aggressive lumbar.

I like a mostly straight up seat, but with no lumbar support added. At least in the several Subarus that I've owned with adjustable lumbar support, the more I add, the more I hurt after a long drive. It sounds counter-intuitive, but with ZERO adjustment added, I feel much better.

I'm only 6' tall, but I find that having my seat all the way down, even in Subarus, which are good for head room, is the most comfortable.

I Adjust the headrest to be just behind where I normally have my head.

I keep the seat close enough to the steering wheel, so that my legs are comfortably extended and I can rest my elbows on the door and center armrests, which is my cruising position. When I'm in traffic or need to be extra alert, my hands are at 10&2 or 9&3; both hands on the steering wheel.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Baahahaha thats so me in my 07 corolla!! Im 6ft 6 330lbs lol..those pics are jokes. Thanks for the laugh!!

I'm close with you on seat position ZZ.. I am 6'2" with arms that are 35 inches long. So I can sit way back well away from the steering wheel and my seat does rock back well into a bucket seat style seat. Works very well.

Lincoln Town Car...living room on wheels!

Or a 2003 Grand Marquis!
laugh.gif

I've driven the Town Car and the Crown Vic, much the same, obviously.
smile.gif
Yes, a couch on wheels. The Caprice and Bonneville and Olds 88 of the day were pretty much identical to each other, too.

For me, considering the amount of time I spent in trucks, I wind up sitting relatively upright, at least more upright than is probably necessary. Back in the day driving cab, too reclined for 12 hours wasn't fun, either.

Originally Posted By: Warstud

Lol... .hence why I drive a bigger car.

zz -- is that your wife? a very handsome woman.have a good day.

Usually seat straight up. In an automatic I can move the seat a bit back, but I don't care to use my toes while shifting on a manual.

However I tend to move around a lot while driving. After half an hour I find myself leaning on the door, leaning the console, or wandering between.

I like my seat low, way back and reclined part way.

My wife on the other hand likes her seat up higher, closer to the wheel and the seat back almost straight up.

I'm with you, on the rare occasion my wife drives my car, she is warned that the seat had best be back in the position she found it in when done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back