What is your favorite vehicle parts store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switch between the Carquest and Napa in town for S10 and Jeep parts if needed. Carquest moreso since they're part of a dealer network that we bought the Jeep from (discounts). ECS and dealer for the GTI, and dealer for the Toyota. Only needed (*knock on wood*) filters for the latter two so far.

Carquest and Federated usually care Duragloss products. If they don't have something in stock they usually can get it within a day or the same day if you request it early enough in the day.

If there's time:
RockAuto, eEuroparts, FCPeuroparts, Amazon, AutohausAZ

If there's no time or if I want to match side-to-side:
NAPA, Advance, AutoZone (handy chains)

I guess that means no favorite eally

Specials and sales sway me

Wherever I get the best deal and/or best value. AZ and O'R rarely if ever that place. They have their occasional close out oil deals, but beyond that nothing much else of interest. No PB nearby but they do have an occasional online deal, got a couple Ultra filters shipped from them.

Local Napa has their semi annual 40% off Napa Gold oil filter sale that I look forward to, but not much else there either. AAP in the past has been the best b&m store with the use of online codes. That said, they have tightened up in their use and discount amounts. But, overall AAP still has the edge over other b&m stores for me.

For online parts, Amazon gets the nod over RA because of Prime 2 day delivery and RA slower ship and charges. But will use RA if the best value and time allows.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
For online parts, Amazon gets the nod over RA because of Prime 2 day delivery and RA slower ship and charges. But will use RA if the best value and time allows.

Plus Rock has those multiple shipping charges sometimes depending on what is ordered. Esp on larger orders with three different shipping fees. I know you can tinker around with the order a bit to get one fee but when you have multiple items it's a pain.

Originally Posted By: Urshurak776
Amazon or RockAuto. If i need something now, whoever is cheapest.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Amazon. If I need to go into a store real quick, it'll be O'Reillys.

Sometimes I have a buddy of mine order parts for me. He is a mechanic and I get parts at his cost with free delivery from Parts Authority.

Three pages and no one mentions Pep Boys. How is that place still open?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I have no idea, I went in there once for washer fluid since I was passing by. Also went in there for fancy oil for a TDI. Never seen another customer there.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

You bring up a good point. I stopped going to Pep Boys years ago because they seemed to sell more scooters and non-auto related junk and their prices on oil and filters were an average 10-20% more than anyone else.

I use Rockauto for nearly everything followed by Autozone or Orielly. Never been inside an Advance - maybe I need to check them out.

Pep Boys has been closing stores across the country.

I agree that car accessories were more important to corporate than good customer service and properly trained parts counter persons. Also having cashiers at the register to check out the 10 customers in line waiting impatiently.

I used to love Pep Boys. They sold a good variety of parts and accessories when I first moved to the Richmond, VA area back in 1987. I haven't been there in years. FWIW I'm just starting to use Rockauto and like it. They sell good parts and just about no one beats their prices. Ebay is a long-time favorite of mine too. Lots of random good deals on quality parts.

I am loyal to no parts store. Just whomever can get me the brand/quality level I want to me the cheapest. T

That being said, RockAuto wins out most times followed by Amazon

Often times Napa, because I work there and get a significant discount, and it's convenient. But sometimes it's still cheaper to buy the exact same part number from Rockauto, even with my discount. So I'll buy from Rockauto sometimes. Also, some of Napa's parts are junk and I won't buy them at any price. Some parts I'll only buy OEM. OEM Honda stuff I order from hondapartsnetwork.com. Rockauto often has Motorcraft parts at a good price. Occasionally I'll order some stuff from Amazon.

Advance Auto Parts, because they make it so easy to get warranty replacements on lifetime warranty parts.

Unlike NAPA, where it takes an Act of Congress to get a warranty exchange on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back