Weird off brand cars.

Opel was GM Germany....it lost money for GM for years and years but PSA made money on Opel almost immediately after purchasing it (so I read). It doesn't say much for GM 'management'....

Vauxhall was GM England.....the cars were almost identical to Opel except with English (non) reliability....at least the one's I drove in the late 1970s.
You forgot Holden. ;)

I need a compact SUV with true off-road capabilities. This year my finalists were the new Bronco, the D100 and the JLU Wrangler.
The problem with the Bronco was that I inherited a 1973 Bronco V8 from my father and it was just a dog’s breakfast, as the Brits say. It was such a miserable experience that I almost developed a severe case of PTSD just looking at the new Bronco.
The D100 was pricey and I’ve never gotten a good vibe from the local LR dealer.
The winner was a Sahara 4xe; I’d owned a TJ for over two decades and my inner techno-geek was intrigued by the PHEV technology. My wife loves it as well so it was a win/win.
I'll take the 73 bronco. It's my dream truck. I hope it still has the 3 on the tree too.

I'll take the 73 bronco. It's my dream truck. I hope it still has the 3 on the tree too.
It was an automatic. It was extremely rusty and in the late ‘90s it wasn’t financially practical to restore it. A few years later I bought a 1999 Sahara and as I noted it served me well for over 20 years so my loyalty to Jeep was a factor.

Back