Trico Force Wiper Blades - Design Change?

I just ordered a bunch of Trico Force Wiper Blades from Rockauto. The 26” blades are of a different design than all the others - they do not have a “spoiler.” The 26” blades were manufactured in 12-2023 which makes me wonder if this is a recent design change.
IMG_7336.jpeg

Here is a picture of the 26” blade compared to the older style:

IMG_7334.jpeg

IMG_7335.jpeg

Does anyone have any additional insight on this?

Tagging @dogememe and @addyguy - curious if they have seen these changes at their auto part stores.

Yeah I can’t tell the difference between the $10 rainguard beams and the $25 trico force. lol I bet they’re identical.

The new adapter design feels cheap and is inferior to the prior versions. They’ve redesigned it three times in just the last couple years and each time it gets worse.

I’m sad as trico wipers were my favorite years ago. Downhill now. Just like so much other stuff.

I paid $7-8/ea for these, so I’m not sweating the price. But the history is fascinating. All of my vehicles use the 9x3 hook.

The Force, Diamond, Onyx and Pro+ blades are supposed to be treated with HighGlide for a “smoother wipe”…we’ll see.

They may have redesigned the pronounced lip on the adapter because the 26" is longer and the wickerbill on the blades themselves create sufficient downforce without causing more drag and upsetting a smooth wiping action. The "HighGlide" is probably just a graphite based mold release compound that will wear off after a few wipings. I'm not a windshield wiper engineer, I just play one on TV.

They may have redesigned the pronounced lip on the adapter because the 26" is longer and the wickerbill on the blades themselves create sufficient downforce without causing more drag and upsetting a smooth wiping action. The "HighGlide" is probably just a graphite based mold release compound that will wear off after a few wipings. I'm not a windshield wiper engineer, I just play one on TV.

Nope, all sizes use the new design. OP just got some old stock of the shorter ones.

Back