What is your favorite Potato Chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snyder Honey BBQ

Synder-Chip.jpg

Originally Posted By: Drosselmier
Has Bitog sunk to this level ?

Don't worry, it can go lower. Wait for favorite ketchup and then toilet paper. Then soap and shampoo will soon follow.

Utz or Classic Lays is good. Cape Cod reduced fat were pretty good, those are probably my favorite.

We gave up deep frying but wife could make some pretty good homemade ones. Thicker than the usual chip, so some of them were not so "crisp". Those were great with ketchup (the crispy ones fine straight up).

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
For store bought, I love Lay's wavy and salt and pepper ones. But I'm a sucker for homemade ones, if a restaurant has them, then there's a 110% I'm getting some.

Usually restaurant chips are pretty thick and I like that style a lot. Have more in common with fries to me than bagged tater chips.

Old Dutch, flavours maybe only in Canada: Ketchup, Dill Pickle, plus the two original Canada-only flavours (going back to my childhood 50 years ago), Onion & Garlic, and Salt & Vinegar.
Old Dutch makes the best BBQ chips as well.

Any "[something} and Black Pepper" flavoured chip, they seem to come and go, Lays have some right now in western Canada.

Hawkins Cheezies (not really a chip).

Ruffles All Dressed.

I know how to make both chips (as in potato chips as sold per above) and fries at home, so that is always an option as well. You can buy the "KD" powdered cheddar at Bulk Barn (aka Kraft Mac & Cheese in the US), that goes on home-made chips and also on popcorn really well.

Old Dutch Rip-L Chips or Old Dutch "Dutch Crunch" Kettle Chips. Love the ingredient list on the kettle chips - potatoes, oil, salt... thats it...

Used to work downwind from their factory in Roseville... Mmmmm....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Claud
Walkers. Btw for you colonials the correct term is CRISPS.
smile.gif

Claud.

Hey, when are you blokes gonna finally pay us back for all that US weaponry you got in WWII???
Don't tell me you repaid that debt through hospitality to the US troops, my dad said the food he got while staging for his tour of France, Belgium, and Germany was awful!!!

;^)

We have a Saturdays market here. Local Amish sell their chips fried in Lard. You can feel your arteries clog shut.

Would be hard to choose, but this is my top 10 list (yes I keep a list)...
In no particular order:
1. Salt and pepper kettle chips.
2. Burtons Fish and Chips (baked, not really a crisp)
3. Pickled Onion Monster Munch.
4. Seabrooks ready salted.
5. Mini Cheddars (baked, not really a crisp).
6. Bacon Frazzles.
7. The plain Tortilla chip with a salsa dip.
8. Brannigans roast beef and mustard.
9. Nice N Spicey Nic nacs.
10. Ready salted Hula Hoops.

Lays salt and vinegar.

I've tried a number of other brands over the years. Cape Cod salt and vinegar chips are also good, but not good enough for me to hunt them down and buy them instead of Lays.

Kettle chips generally (various brands).
Honey soy chicken, or BBQ ribs when that flavour is out.

Regular chicken thins (when we come to the US, we usually bring heaps of chicken chips, as you guys don't get them.

One of the ones that I REALLY like is crinkle cut, plain slated, with 3-4 peanuts sitting in the grooves.

Originally Posted By: knerml
Mike Sells Original

Anything from Mike Sells...but especially the hot BBQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back