What is your fave? Bucket or bench seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started driving in 1973 and have never owned a car with bench seats. I love the sport seats in my M235i and 318ti- and the seats in my Wrangler aren't bad either. Bench seats in anything other than a pickup always made me think "Geezermobile."

I like bucket seats. My 1994 Ranger has optional bucket seats with power lumbar and inflatable side bolsters...

81QHbU8.jpg

My '02 has a split bench. It functions like buckets, but the '94 is way better as far as seats (nasty headliner remains and carpet aside).

I do miss a 4 door sedan being a 6 seater, or a single cab ute being a 3 seater...but prefer buckets. Some are as uncomfortable as a bench though.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I like bucket seats. My 1994 Ranger has optional bucket seats with power lumbar and inflatable side bolsters...

Mine has dynamic seats with the inflatable side bolsters, I usually turn it off, don't see much point to it, they inflate when you take corners. The massage function is nice though, I only use it on long trips, otherwise somewhat pointless. They're also heated. I don't think you can get all those functions in a bench seat.

Bucket seats in the S2000 are my favorites. They are really supportive when you need them to be. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

Mine has dynamic seats with the inflatable side bolsters, I usually turn it off, don't see much point to it, they inflate when you take corners. The massage function is nice though, I only use it on long trips, otherwise somewhat pointless. They're also heated. I don't think you can get all those functions in a bench seat.

I wish I had massage, but I'll take what I can get in a 24 year old pickup, lol. Everything is button operated in mine, the old thing doesn't even have a body control module and has no clue if it's turning or not, but it's nice to be able to change the feel of the seats. It's definitely nice on trips.

It depends on what the vehicle is intended for. I usually prefer bucket seats, but for a utility vehicle like a pickup truck used as such, I find the bench more practical.

Like bench in my truck. Car, usually wound up with buckets, not sure on a real preference--I like using the bench for space for junk, but an armrest can be nice.

Not enough of an aggressive driver that bench vs bucket matters in keeping me in place. All about the functionality.

I prefer 60/40 split-bench front seats with a fold-down center arm rest and a column shifter. They are not currently available in any car that I am aware of, only in a few lower-end pickups and full-size SUVs (but often in a 40/20/40 configuration). One additional benefit is that a intermediate/full size sedan (or extended/crew cab pickup) can carry 6 passengers, not just 5.

Originally Posted By: wag123
I prefer 60/40 split-bench front seats with a fold-down center arm rest and a column shifter. They are not currently available in any car that I am aware of, only in a few lower-end pickups and full-size SUVs (but often in a 40/20/40 configuration). One additional benefit is that a intermediate/full size sedan (or extended/crew cab pickup) can carry 6 passengers, not just 5.

I like those too. My dad's and gf's Delta 88's had those and they were super comfy!!

I like the kind of bucket seats found in German cars. It doesn't seem to matter if they are in a VW, a BMW, or a Benz, German car seats feel the best to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back