Need some seat pad for my Honda accord 8th gen

I been having this issue with Honda accord seat . And it’s a very common issue for this generation . Honda seat does make my back pain during long trip . And also the seat is start to tearing . Any good seat pad that comfortable on long trip and DD .
IMG_2689.jpg

Call around to your local upholstery shops and see if they can rebuild the seat. The springs are probably still good. It would need all new foam and reupholstering. Heck, the leather may be salvageable.

a new cover is nice, but that seat cushion is gone. Had the same problem in my civic, re-did the seat cushion, cover/upholstery, never had a problem again. The factory never pulled the cover tight enough with the hog rings (that's what attaches the cover to the cushion underneath) and that has kept the foam cushion in "shape" while it's being worn. instead of it going flat and wearing quickly..

I think the link that @Tdbo would work well as a temp fix until you either re-build the seat yourself (if Honda still has the parts) or a good car seat upholstery shop.

I recommend Purple (the same make of bedding mattresses).
They make very nice seat pads in a variety of thicknesses.
I can personally say these are some of the nicest I've used; I own three.

I think the link that @Tdbo would work well as a temp fix until you either re-build the seat yourself (if Honda still has the parts) or a good car seat upholstery shop.

My link was not in regard to the tear, my link was in regards to the lack of lumbar support in the seats themselves.
The seats in that generation of Accord were (and are) the most uncomfortable seats that I have ever encountered in any car, let alone a Honda.
It is a very common complaint from owners of that generation because of the design of the seat. The cushion I linked goes over the seat back, and provides lumbar support to a seat that has absolutely none.
The cushion solved my issues of back spasms while driving, and also prevented me from trading the car off

Call around to your local upholstery shops and see if they can rebuild the seat. The springs are probably still good. It would need all new foam and reupholstering. Heck, the leather may be salvageable.
This makes sense, I've tried and returned pads where my LS430 has the common issue of sagging...I haven't had it redone but others have where they've replaced the bottom foam.

Some surmise the "cooled" seats contributes to the weakness over many years...

The seats in that generation of Accord were (and are) the most uncomfortable seats that I have ever encountered in any car, let alone a Honda.
It is a very common complaint from owners of that generation because of the design of the seat.
I think that's true of Accords in general.... We had a 1990 and a long ride in it left us with sore backs and numb legs.

I been having this issue with Honda accord seat . And it’s a very common issue for this generation . Honda seat does make my back pain during long trip . And also the seat is start to tearing . Any good seat pad that comfortable on long trip and DD . View attachment 160943
I found one of these at a truck stop many years ago. I had to purchase it. It was the most comfortable cushion I have ever come across.
Kind of expensive but if you do not like it you can send them back. They have others to chose from as well.

Since we been in Honda Accords exclusively from the 1990s on I know about their seats. Some of them have the most pain producing passenger seats known to man. But also a few models have a rough driver seat as well. Its strange how over the years they cant seem to make up their mind on what size they want the Accords to be. The first one we had was good sized. Then the 2002 was so much smaller it felt like I was driving a go cart. Then the 2009 (most comfortable to date) is really the largest one we have had. So we now have the larger/comfortable 2009 along with the 2018 that the wife loves yet it feels like they trended back smaller and the seats kill me just like the 2002 did. Never had any seat leather crack but did replace the console leather on the 2009.

It is a very common complaint from owners of that generation because of the design of the seat. The cushion I linked goes over the seat back, and provides lumbar support to a seat that has absolutely none.
Disagree. These Accord seats are more of a firm Euro style driver's seat, I really liked them. But if you're used to soft and overstuffed, you won't like them.

WoW. That looks very intersting. I will certainly look into it since both the wife and I have many spine related issues. Of all the Accords we have owned (kept one so long) we missed the 8th generation, the 9th gen / 2009 models are my favorite for size and comfort and almost as maintenance free as that 7th gen / 2002 we had for 18 years. Of course the newest one we have, 10th gen / 2018 gets a ton greater mpg than the others plus it drives and handles the best , wife prefers it over all of the past ones , except the seats are not as good IMHO as in the 9th gen Accords.

I think that's true of Accords in general.... We had a 1990 and a long ride in it left us with sore backs and numb legs.

Not in my experience.
I've owned a 1985 and an 89 and they were comfortable.
The two Odysseys and the Pilot we have now have comfortable seats.
The seats in my 2012 are about the worst that I have ever had in an automobile.

Disagree. These Accord seats are more of a firm Euro style driver's seat, I really liked them. But if you're used to soft and overstuffed, you won't like them.

That's fine. Disagree away.
I bought the car new, and have owned it for over ten years.
For most of the first three years I owned it, I spent 2.5 hours/day and 130 miles daily behind the wheel of it.
I certainly think that provides adequate basis for an opinion.
I own and drive four vehicles, and this is the only one of the four that I have had to install a lumbar cushion in.
I've also owned six Honda's. They don't have "Soft and overstuffed" seats.
That is not an expectation for Honda.

My link was not in regard to the tear, my link was in regards to the lack of lumbar support in the seats themselves.
The cushion solved my issues of back spasms while driving, and also prevented me from trading the car off
Thanks for clearing that up, I must've written it to make people think it was about the tear in the cover. No, I was agreeing with you..that cushion you linked to would help until the original seat might get re-done either DIY or car seat upholstery shop into a better than factory design. I know that on my 96 civic the factory never did the cushions correctly, when they attached the cover it did not pull the cushion tightly into shape. When I re-did it myself it was much more comfortable than it had ever been! Since now the cushion was holding it's in shape.

And about the add-on cushion you linked to, that would be fast/cheap to solve the problem for right now.. (y)

Arrived at my house just today - the foam seat pad for the f150. It seems this is a thing. Check rock auto, eBay, amazon. I found that oem, Dorman and durofoam all sell seat pads. I’d favor the aftermarket which seem to generally be reviewed as stiffer than oem. In my case everyone was sold out of my generation and I bought oem. In the ford forums, the bottom pad is said to be a 45 minute affair, while the backrest pad a greater wrestling match. I’ll bet you could also eBay a bottom cover or perhaps buy a leather replacement from catskin. I have had luck using spider wire or HD carpet thread to re-sew leather seats if the holes are still intact.

Back