What do you pay yearly for property taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid $7500 in Chicago for a 41x129 ft lot. Chicago Home sold for $451k. I now pay $1300 including trash for .4 acre and a home twice the size valued at $225k in Simpsonville SC. I love it.

Originally Posted By: mcwilly
In Canada about $1,400 per year for a $255,000 property assessment. All in CAD funds.

Where in Canada is important.

$7,500 a year for a $600,000 assessment - live in a med sized city.

If you live outside city limits, taxes are significantly lower. No snow removal, staffed fire protection, garbage pickup, local police. Not making a case for living in a city, just that location is important for this discussion.

My millage rate is 41.2889 which puts me about average for the state of Michigan.

Its very surprising if you google the tax rates for your state how much they vary and some locations you think would be low are quite high.
It has a lot to do with local school millages.

I thought mine were bad at ~$7,500 a year and rising.

This is about $4.60 per square foot per year.

Most people around here are looking for smaller houses. The ones over 2000ft2 aren't selling.

In our small mostly rural municipality our mill rate is 1.444%, and we've managed to keep our assessment just under $200k for now...
Municipal water and sewer is about $1500/year for a normal house in town, and recycling is free, garbage is $2.75 a bag but we only put out a couple bags a month.
The residential school tax rate is set by the province and is the same through out the province, and all school boards have the same funding per student provided by the province.

I'm in Northern Indiana.

1/2 acre. Property is valued at $140k. I live across the street from a nice 700 acre lake. So across the street (on the lake) homes range from $400k for a dump to $1M for a nice place.

My taxes. $400/year. LOL!!!

Mine are pretty cheap but so is my home. 3 bedroom home with 2 car garage. Single story. Lot is around 4500 square feet. Property value is somewhere in the low $90’s. We pay $1600 per year in property taxes. Ours includes our trash service too. This is in Omaha, NE. You can buy a lot of house for not a lot of money here in the Midwest.

Originally Posted By: nickaluch
I pay $12000 a year in Nassau county NY. Ridiculous.

I build new construction in Nassau County price point $ 850,000- 1,000,000. Taxes on new home $20,000-30,000. People got $$$$ in Nassau County and love to spend it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Originally Posted By: Colt
$12600 in NJ on a $450K home.
House just went up for sale.
NC move soon, I hope.

Sorry NC is full.

LOL!
Don't worry.We're going to the Charlotte area.
You guys in NC are getting too many NY/NJ people.As is SC.My brother says just about everyone in his development in the Myrtle Beach area is from NY/NJ.Property values are rising because of that.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I'm in Northern Indiana.

1/2 acre. Property is valued at $140k. I live across the street from a nice 700 acre lake. So across the street (on the lake) homes range from $400k for a dump to $1M for a nice place.

My taxes. $400/year. LOL!!!

And how much in taxes do you pay for your vehicle's perfect year?

2000 a year for a double city lot with $65870 total value(land+buildings)

(assessed total 23060)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back