How and when do you pay your property taxes?

Mine are due by the end of Jan., so I mail a check the first week of Jan.

I guess I put it off, ours are due 3/31 and 4/1. I decided to work remote today to take care of them, only to have a fire to put out at work, and also come to find county tax bill can't be paid at TD Bank anymore. Dang! Go online and the fee is over $20 to pay by CC. But then I see I can switch to checking account and the fee is $1.50. Paid it but doesn't give a warm and fuzzy, website is MuniciPay? I mean I'm sure it's legit but looks like phishing. $1.50 is worth it to save 50 minutes of driving back and forth plus pay to park. This is the first time I've paid over face value.

The sewer and trash and township, my wife took the check over to the town offices. Tomorrow the town office is closed for the holiday. I could have planned better. the school taxes will be due 8/31 and those are by far the largest taxes for us in PA. That I can take to the township office and pay in person.

I write a check and mail it in early February to cover the whole year's worth. It's over with and I feel better.

Whether or not you have a mortgage has nothing to do with how you pay property taxes other than adding an option to escrow. I pay in full every year via the county website even with a mortgage.

Whether or not you have a mortgage has nothing to do with how you pay property taxes other than adding an option to escrow. I pay in full every year via the county website even with a mortgage.
I didn’t know that until my uncle told me. I ended up paying in escrow for about 7 years. Nobody is gonna do our homework for us. I’m sure there’s still many ways I’m getting ripped off today. Like with health insurance or banks taking two payments the same month

Back