What are you working on today?

Nice! I shoulda picked that up with a trailer yourself. :p :p
I did the math on that one, $1200 delivered was cheap vs time and wear and tear on my equipment. FB marketplace has been suggesting dump trucks, I do really want a big diesel something someday to play with. Two of the delivery guys were in their deep 60s and enjoying life with their big rigs.

Rocks
IMG_7367.jpeg

New tires on the 2004 2500 Suburban, BFG AT KO2, of course.........diagnosed and replaced MAF and connector on my daughters Tahoe.

2013 Nissan Maxima
Replaced blower motor, front brake pads and rotors, rotated tires, changed oil

Pressure washed two more trucks

Replaced the lower oil pan on the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. Common job with these as here in the salty state of MN these rust out enough to need regular replacement.

Got new pan bolts and a pan (NOT Mopar, as it’s just a pan to hold oil after all), and pried to old rusty but not leaking (yet) pan. Well, it showed some seepage at a spot on the gasket seal, so it’s time.

My old bolts actually came out easily and were in ok shape , but I used new ones.

Sealed with Permatex Ultra Grey RTV. Right now it’s in its 24 hour cure phase before I refill with Quaker State FS 5W20 HM and an OEM Mopar filter.

Getting the city off my back. I swear my town is run by borderline Commies.
I had a squeaky dryer in the front driveway against the house. Already installed the new one, and I wanted a hunk of metal to blow a few holes into practicing stick welding and a cut off wheel. Took them 3 weeks to put a “warning unsightly appliance city ordinance detected” on my wife’s car. Not on the appliance. Jerks.

Yesterday I serviced the lawn mower (oil change, new blades, air filter, fuel filter) and did the first mow of the season. I also serviced my truck (oil change, tire rotation/brake inspection/checked all fluids), then washed the mower and the truck. Today I'm going to sit inside and watch it rain.

Finally got around to adding the 'C' and 'D' note horns to my 2019 Yukon. GM sold the four note horn option on Buicks and Cadillacs from the 60s through the 90s. The old Delco products horns had the note molded into them.
Horn Notes.jpg

These were some single wire horns I added to another of our cars.

Got the assembly all wired up. Direct connection to the battery (w/fusible link) and a four wire relay with a 10 amp fuse on the output to the horns.
Harness.jpg

I tucked them inside the front fender like GM used to do, with the opening always aimed downward. The Fiamm horns that they use now are next to the radiator and pointed strait ahead to pick contaminates. I pointed them downward when I added another connector to plug in the new relay to the existing horn assembly. GM just calls the Fiamms a high and low note. That used to be an A and F note on the Delco horns. It does have the classic 'train' sound with all of them now.

Horn Pocket.jpg

I was asked to modify a new Carry On trailer for lawn/landscaping service. First off, QC on these trailers (sold at TSC) is beyond abysmal. These are just the welds I noticed in five seconds on top. I deliberately didn't look underneath because I don't want to know.
20240319_143123.jpg
20240319_143135.jpg
20240319_143115.jpg

Before:
20240319_140048.jpg

After:
20240322_114431.jpg

Added some tie-downs in the corners. Up front I had to bridge across the open portion of angle with flat bar:
20240322_161439.jpg

Years ago I modified these F-clamps for working with ag fencing. They work incredibly well:
20240321_094249.jpg

This guy has had problems with zip-tying license plates to his expanded steel ramps and having them tear in the wind. I grabbed a piece of flat bar 6x1/4" and drilled and tapped:
20240321_123817.jpg

This guy isn't very mechanical so I stamped:
20240321_124318.jpg

Mega-duty license plate mount:
20240322_161736.jpg

I was asked to modify a new Carry On trailer for lawn/landscaping service. First off, QC on these trailers (sold at TSC) is beyond abysmal. These are just the welds I noticed in five seconds on top. I deliberately didn't look underneath because I don't want to know.
View attachment 209773View attachment 209774View attachment 209775
Before:
View attachment 209776
After:
View attachment 209777
Added some tie-downs in the corners. Up front I had to bridge across the open portion of angle with flat bar:
View attachment 209781
Years ago I modified these F-clamps for working with ag fencing. They work incredibly well:
View attachment 209780
This guy has had problems with zip-tying license plates to his expanded steel ramps and having them tear in the wind. I grabbed a piece of flat bar 6x1/4" and drilled and tapped:View attachment 209782

View attachment 209783
Mega-duty license plate mount:View attachment 209784
You got more balls then me putting any kinda weight on that trailer with those "unsafe welds!!!"

You got more balls then me putting any kinda weight on that trailer with those "unsafe welds!!!"
Meh, he went and bought the cheapest he could find and wanted it modified.

As it was he balked at my price for the mods, no way he'd pay or believe me if I said "I need to entirely rebuild your new trailer."

His old trailer was a rolling disaster and he finally only retired it because he said it catastrophically failed -- something about the axle broke or something (I try not to know). Maybe this is a tiny step up......hope springs eternal.

Just remember folks-‐ you get what you pay for, especially in the world of trailers.

View attachment 209773View attachment 209774View attachment 209775
Before:
View attachment 209776
After:
View attachment 209777
View attachment 209781
View attachment 209780
This guy has had problems with zip-tying license plates to his expanded steel ramps and having them tear in the wind. I grabbed a piece of flat bar 6x1/4" and drilled and tapped:View attachment 209782

View attachment 209783
Mega-duty license plate mount:View attachment 209784
Did I weld on that? Those look like my welds.
IMG_20220331_185731838.jpg

Reactions: D60
Back