Went to Lowe's yesterday and ..................

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
Went to Lowe's yesterday to get a couple of new sand tubes for the F-150. I was informed that didn't have any yet because it was a "Seasonal Item". I just left shaking my head in disbelief. The manager of that area informed me it would be another month for theirs to arrive. On my way home still shaking my head in disbelief, I passed Sutherland's (similar to Lowe's and Home Depot) went in and asked if they had sand tubes. The nice lady at the counter looked them up and sold me two. I asked her do they sell them year round. She said yes they were a year round item and they had sold 45 pallets since early September. Sad how Lowe's and other behemoths lately seem to actually enjoy disappointing people. If you are not a contractor they don't even want to talk to you. Quit going to Home Depot years ago.

In your opinion if you have a pickup would you expect sand tubes to be in stock by now? Our average first snow is around early November.

That's what happens when those at Corporate do not have a clue as to all the different uses sand tubes (or other products) have besides the one that they have imprinted on their minds.

Yes, I would expect sand tubes to be in stock by now just for this use.

Just go to your local Firestone dealer (or other tire shop) and get some used inner tubes for tractor trailers. You tie the end, fill them with sand then secure them with a hose clamp. Prob free.

. Sad how Lowe's and other behemoths lately seem to actually enjoy disappointing people. If you are not a contractor they don't even want to talk to you. Quit going to Home Depot years ago.

That's a shame.

I have no issues with how I'm treated at the Home Depot here. It's probably a store by store attitude starting with how the manager views things. A few months ago I needed a new multimeter and the one I wanted ($60) wasn't in stock when the website said it was so they sold me the next model up ($100) for the lower price. Hard to argue with that.

My local Home Depot has 60# sand tubes in stock at $4.65 each.
A Sutherlands in Columbus, OH has the same Quickrete 60# tubes at $5.65 each.
The local rip off Tractor Supply has the same Quickrete 60# Tubesands in stock at $6.99

BTW, the Columbus, OH Sutherlands store is good and bad. They have some items not seen at the big box stores, but it seems like their merch is builders grade.

I paid $4.49 each for my purchase yesterday at Sutherlands. A fair price IMO. Especially since a nice young man loaded them for me. At my age that means a lot. Ask for that at Lowe's and wait for the disgusted face.

Sand tube? My only local grocery store hasn't had distilled water in three weeks. I bet it gets worse.

And my local Lowes was out of Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive yesterday, all brands. They did have some of the weaker indoor adhesive.

We went out yesterday to both Home Depot and Lowe's looking for St Augustine plugs for one of the rental houses and both were out. They need to realize this is Texas, and our yards literally grow year round!!

Had to do the same. Never heard of it. Seems to be just be a bag of sand?!?
They’re very popular for pick up trucks and other vehicles that are light in the rear in areas that get snow. If you do get stuck you can cut them open and put the sand under your tires as well. I used to keep 240lbs worth in the trunk of my 300.

2C6BDE4C-F892-4BBE-A419-D23ED0810718.jpeg

That's what happens when those at Corporate do not have a clue as to all the different uses sand tubes (or other products) have besides the one that they have imprinted on their minds.

Yes, I would expect sand tubes to be in stock by now just for this use.
Unsure about why it's seasonal, but having worked for Lowes I can assure you both the store and corporate have all the information on when items sell. Even a sales clerk can look that stuff up.

Back