Wax for white vehicle? Collonite 476? Meguiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a new wax for my Silverado. The truck is white. I plan to have it professionally buffed, and the guy doing it said it would be great to add a high quality wax to it after he gets the clear buffed clean. He suggest regular turtle wax.

What do you guys suggest for a white truck? The paint is in great shape, I just want to clean up the surface good and wax it. I've been using Nu-Finish.

Should I stick with that or use something else? I've read online that collinite 476 is great on white cars, and maybe 845. Also some seem to like the new synthetic meguires. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Duragloss 105 is my go to. Inexpensive, goes a long way, you can apply it in the sun, and does not stain trim.

Last edited:
I 100% endorse FK1000P. Easy on. Easy off. The shine is INCREDIBLE. The durability is even better.

I'm done buying new waxes. I doubt I find anything better than this....short of a quartz/ceramic coating.

Collinite 476 is all I use anymore. I have tried tons of different waxes and that stuff blows them all away. It applies easy, lasts a long time and the car looks great with it on there.

Keep using NuFinish if you still have a bottle left. There is nothing wrong with it. It is a synthetic and is close enough to a sealant. Sealants are synthetics that crosslink. It is far more important though to keep a layer of protection on it, preferably the same type... so just use up that bottle. Good waxes look good no matter what color the paint.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: razel
Keep using NuFinish if you still have a bottle left. There is nothing wrong with it. It is a synthetic and is close enough to a sealant. Sealants are synthetics that crosslink. It is far more important though to keep a layer of protection on it, preferably the same type... so just use up that bottle. Good waxes look good no matter what color the paint.

I just used up my last bottle in the spring. I've been keeping the finish fresh with ice spray wax, but I'm ready to try a new long lasting paste wax. My problem with nu finish is that my truck has black mirrors and black trim. I have a hard time not getting the white everywhere.

I've been happy with nu finishes luster for the relatively low cost.

Give Meg's Ultimate Wax or Armor All Extreme Shield a shot then. Extreme Shield is ludicrously easy to use. It's wipe on/wipe off and averages 1 year in 3 cars I've used it on over the past few years and is very popular with off-roaders.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
I've got FK1000p with FK425 spray, and Collinite 476s in my Amazon cart, which one should I purchase???

Collinite or FK???

I'm a huge Collinite fan. And I just started using FK100P this summer. Never used 476s. I like their 915 wax though, if you garage your car.

But you can't go wrong with either, I'm sure. People swear by both products. I'll say this, the FK100P, once applied, looks like you just double or tripled the clear coat on your car. It's super slick, and absolutely CLEAR finish. I love it.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
I've got FK1000p with FK425 spray, and Collinite 476s in my Amazon cart, which one should I purchase???

Collinite or FK???

I'm a huge Collinite fan. And I just started using FK100P this summer. Never used 476s. I like their 915 wax though, if you garage your car.

But you can't go wrong with either, I'm sure. People swear by both products. I'll say this, the FK100P, once applied, looks like you just double or tripled the clear coat on your car. It's super slick, and absolutely CLEAR finish. I love it.

Thanks, Phishin! Should i go ahead and have it professionally buffed beforehand or should I just put a coat of nu finish or something on it again to clean the clearcoat and seal it, then apply the FK1000P over that?

Or should I just scrub the whole thing with dawn and then apply the FK? Also did you purchase the 425 FK spray as well?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back