I had forgotten how good Collinite 476s is!

Passes the baggie test easily. Car is a year and a half old, got clayed right after picking it up and then just recently. The only outside exposure it gets is about 4 hours a week when I drive to Sierra Vista for groceries. Otherwise garaged.
As far as the Griots, it was misted onto a microfiber towel and spread evenly. I even tried lightly misting a section then picking it up with microfiber towel - every time the cloth just dragged. Don’t have that with TW Seal and Shine - mist, spread, flip towel to wipe up = glass. It’s not like I’m anti-griots either I just bought more clay, MF towels and Rinseless carwash from them.
I do use Sprayway car detailer to remove the bugs on the nose though. Pretty nice product for that. Next time I clean and wax it I’ll post pictures- it’ll be a while, the ‘96 chevy truck catches all the short range driving.
The hamster in his 99% of the time resting place. Goes out maybe once a week.
85D5711B-88CF-4C54-8EE5-966B39341B64.jpeg

I typed what I meant to type

I know it is easy to use, that’s why it has been my go to wax for the past few years now. After I shake it up, I squirt some on a red Lake Country pad and apply it. Remove with a micro fiber Bonet over a lambs wool pad.

I do have the 3 inch pads and can fit that in the tin of 476 but I like the 845 better.
That's right

I know it is easy to use, that’s why it has been my go to wax for the past few years now. After I shake it up, I squirt some on a red Lake Country pad and apply it. Remove with a micro fiber Bonet over a lambs wool pad.

I do have the 3 inch pads and can fit that in the tin of 476 but I like the 845 better.
You bring back some fond memories for me. It used to feel great to sit back and look at the Chevelle and two Hondas all clean and shinning like giant mirrors after hand washing / polishing / waxing or detailing them in the shop (collinite of course). I was a fanatic. I used to keep them under car covers even inside at times. We have two cats (Maine Coons) going on over 14 years we adopted who have a pet door that allows them to come and go into the garage where they sleep. For some reason they love to sleep on top of cars. :unsure: But they have never done damage to the paint. Strange part is they almost seem scared to death of any vehicle that is covered?!:)

Last edited:

02zx9r rev2,
Just a suggestion.....you are truly wasting your time using the machine application with 845 / 925, unless you just like using it for the heck of it, which I guess I can understand. If you soak the bottle in hot water for a few minutes and shake it up, the wax will be most likely the easiest to apply liquid wax you have ever used.

Now onto 476s / 885 / 915 Marque` De Elegance, yes indeed machine application is far easier and superior. It allows for a super thin film and makes it easy to rub off the haze.

02zx9r rev2,
Just a suggestion.....you are truly wasting your time using the machine application with 845 / 925, unless you just like using it for the heck of it, which I guess I can understand. If you soak the bottle in hot water for a few minutes and shake it up, the wax will be most likely the easiest to apply liquid wax you have ever used.

Now onto 476s / 885 / 915 Marque` De Elegance, yes indeed machine application is far easier and superior. It allows for a super thin film and makes it easy to rub off the haze.
Yeah, I do like using just for the heck of it.

I usually soak it in hot water or let it sit in the sun. And I do know that it is the easiest to apply liquid wax to apply, that’s why in my post you replied to I said I have been using it and only it for the past few years.

Anything else you would like me to tell you about my everyday life so you can give me advice on that too?

How would machine application be a waste?

I'm way faster with a DA than by hand.

Yea I always apply 845 by machine, much faster! Never got the hang of trying to use it with the 476 though.

It might just sit in the tin for a while; I haven't found it to have any more durability over the 845...

Yea I always apply 845 by machine, much faster! Never got the hang of trying to use it with the 476 though.

It might just sit in the tin for a while; I haven't found it to have any more durability over the 845...
For hard waxes I'll take the lump out of the tin and just rub it on the pad

Yeah, I do like using just for the heck of it.

I usually soak it in hot water or let it sit in the sun. And I do know that it is the easiest to apply liquid wax to apply, that’s why in my post you replied to I said I have been using it and only it for the past few years.

Anything else you would like me to tell you about my everyday life so you can give me advice on that too?
I'm with you...I apply all my liquid waxes and or sealants with my D/A polisher, so I don't thinks it's a waste at all.... Easiest way to get even distribution and full coverage

I'm with you...I apply all my liquid waxes and or sealants with my D/A polisher, so I don't thinks it's a waste at all.... Easiest way to get even distribution and full coverage
It’s kind of like my Dewalt DCF899 1/2” impact, I can use a lug wrench but why when I have that to do it quicker and easier?

I haven’t hand waxed a whole car since I got the pc7424, this thing is old. But it makes applying and removing waxes, sealants, etc.. much quicker and easier

Back