water pump replacement; 2016 5.0L Coyote

I plan on changing my water pump on my 2016 5.0. My question is what else should I change? I plan on keeping this truck a while. I was thinking the belts maybe the T connector which I hear fails, anything else? Thermostat?

Reactions: D60
Change the belt, thermostat, the water pump, and of course the coolant.

At 85k, you've probably never changed the coolant, so you might as well if you have to drain it anyway.

I plan on changing my water pump on my 2016 5.0. My question is what else should I change? I plan on keeping this truck a while. I was thinking the belts maybe the T connector which I hear fails, anything else? Thermostat?
Replacement thermostats vary in quality, if your engine is not having temperatures issue, I would leave it alone. Visually check hoses and belts and I would only replace if needed. They last a long time.

Replacement thermostats vary in quality, if your engine is not having temperatures issue, I would leave it alone. Visually check hoses and belts and I would only replace if needed. They last a long time.

If it's a Ford, the OE thermostat should be readily available from Rock Auto at a fair price :)

Belt(s), tensioner(s), idler pulley(s), t-stat and seals, that T connector. Check out the upper and lower hoses.

Also there is an o-ring, AC3-Z8527-A, on the top of the water pump that one of the heater hoses connectors has on it. People always forget that one.

Yes, these water pumps last around 100k so I just wanna change it out before.

I saw that but it’s a 3 bolt one. Not sure if I need 3 bolt or 4.

Yes, these water pumps last around 100k so I just wanna change it out before.
I would not change out a working and non leaking water pump as a preventive measure. The only time that I would is if I had it off the do some major engine work. The replacements can be worse in quality than the original.

Replacement thermostats vary in quality, if your engine is not having temperatures issue, I would leave it alone.
Obligatory:
motorad_001.jpg

Back