VW Atlas #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steering wheel failure. My base golf has a great leather wheel. VW has hundreds of leather wheels already developed.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
I doubt the Buick would work, I don't think it's big enough. Now, if they still built the Roadmonster I'd be all over that, except it might not fit in the garage.

RAM wagon?
Ford Connect Titanium Wagon?
VW Gold SportWagen/Alltrack?
Diesel Sprinter conversion?

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: Tech819
There nice. Get it and you will love it. VW's are drivers cars. You will always get haters who have never owned one that will bash VW.

What about those who owned one, spent a lot of time wrenching on it, got sick of all the random electrical issues and lack of replacement parts, and had it towed away for charity just to avoid ever seeing it anymore?
laugh.gif

In its favor I'll say it did have a certain fun to drive factor when it ran. But the juice was NOT worth the squeeze for that car!

They had there issues especially the 93-98 or so, but my point is more so the people that hear VW and no matter what say no way nothing but problems and in a lot of cases have never owned one. I've owned two one rabbit and one Jetta and both have lasted well into 200k with little issues. I am now on my third VW a Jetta and so far so good. I have a 2009 vibe built at the Nummi plant which is a matrix/corolla and it has put me off another Toyota product for some time. If anyone would like I can list the issues that I have had.

RAM wagon?

My darling wife wouldn't be caught dead in any of the above except the VW wagon, but it's too small too. I jokingly told her I'm going to visit the mobility dealer that sells handicap-accessible vans and buy a used one with a ramp. The 75 lb labradoodle pup won't climb up in the car; I have to pick him up and a ramp would work wonders.

If I dropped a fortune on a Jaguar I'd be sleeping on the couch for MONTHS and I'd be broke on top of it.

If I dropped a fortune on a Jaguar I'd be sleeping on the couch for MONTHS and I'd be broke on top of it.

Or you could sleep in style in the back of the Jag.
smile.gif

RAM wagon?

My darling wife wouldn't be caught dead in any of the above except the VW wagon, but it's too small too. I jokingly told her I'm going to visit the mobility dealer that sells handicap-accessible vans and buy a used one with a ramp. The 75 lb labradoodle pup won't climb up in the car; I have to pick him up and a ramp would work wonders.

Low loading floor:
-2005-2007 Ford Freestyle
-2008-2009 Ford Taurus X
-Ford Flex
-i heard the Ford Connect Wagon could swallow a pallet whole

... or you can buy a minivan (AKA the bigger wagon)

Also re: handicap vehicles: are some of those sold as re-built title after the modifications? (re-sale value....)

Originally Posted By: stower17
That cheap looking steering wheel would drive me insane.

$70 for a Wheelskins genuine leather cover and 2 hours of your time will get you an OEM looking leather covered steering wheel. I put one on the basic plastic steering wheel of a 2006 Impala LT and it looked fantastic.

The steering wheel in this Atlas wouldn't be a deal breaker at all with products like the Wheelskins cover readily available.

http://wheelskins.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back