Used VW Atlas?

Early Atlas were fuel pigs with VR6 that did not offer much more then their 2.0T which offers similar if not occasionally better acceleration however towing might be down.
What years are we talking about?

What years are we talking about?
VR6 is the same from the 2018 until 2023 model. Other can speak more, but there were some issues with head gaskets in VR6. Both engines do have water pump issue (cracking). IMO 2.0T is a more sorted-out engine. Now, no V6 in this class of vehicles will have sound as that VR6.
2018-2020 VR6 was only model that had AWD
2.0T is AWD since 2020 (or 2021). Until then it was only FWD.

Yeah, some of the VR6 engines had head bolts that were undertorqued at the factory, and the water pumps can leak.

Most of the HG issues should be weeded out by now and water pumps are just a fact of life if you own a German car. (for some reason)

At least they're cheap and relatively easy.

VR6 is the same from the 2018 until 2023 model. Other can speak more, but there were some issues with head gaskets in VR6. Both engines do have water pump issue (cracking). IMO 2.0T is a more sorted-out engine. Now, no V6 in this class of vehicles will have sound as that VR6.
My step daughters 2016 has 4motion and 2.0T. I think the 4motion has been an option going waaaay back to possibly the inception of the Tiguan.

The VR6 is my all time favorite sounding engine. Our Palisade V6 sounds great but i have to agree....there's never been a sweeter sounding V6 than the VR' IMO.

Back