vioc and vw

is anyone happily using vioc for vw- (or other euro-) spec oil changes? my vw dealership has doubled its price, takes two hours (overbooking appointments). i can get vioc faster at a very decent price with coupons. finding an indy spot here is trouble, i tried it once. thanks.

Great question OP. Valvoline IOC is my first pick on the rare occasions I choose not to do it myself. And Valvoline makes appropriate Euro oils for about any spec BUT if you look on VOIC's website the Euros are not listed.

So as already mentioned before taking your VW to VIOC I'd call and make sure they have the Euro oils available.

For Euro Spec vehicles you see them bring out a brand new 6-quart box with the labeling on it, just like you get from Amazon or Walmart.com, they do not use the pumps. I know this because I did two changes at VIOC with my Passat 2.0T. The oil was the correct oil, VW508.00.

Don't listen to folks that have never gone there with a European vehicle as you might read from here shortly.

Last edited:
For Euro Spec vehicles you see them bring out a brand new 6-quart box with the labeling on it, just like you get from Amazon or Walmart.com. They do not use the pumps. I know this because I did two changes at VIOC with my Passat 2.0T. The oil was the correct oil, VW508.00.

Don't listen to folks that have never gone there with a European vehicle as you might read from here shortly.

I've never taken a Euro vehicle there but that does not surprise me, they are very attentive to the oil selection at check in. They always suggested 5w20 for our KIA but did not argue with me when I told them 5w30.

I've never taken a Euro vehicle there but that does not surprise me, they are very attentive to the oil selection at check in. They always suggested 5w20 for our KIA but did not argue with me when I told them 5w30.
Same here, plus no argument when i bring my own oil. They even use the appropriate torque specs on the oil filter cap. Tgey also will use an extractor if desired. I found the old fashioned drain to be better. I have zero issues with VIOC.

Last edited:
For Euro Spec vehicles you see them bring out a brand new 6-quart box with the labeling on it, just like you get from Amazon or Walmart.com. They do not use the pumps. I know this because I did two changes at VIOC with my Passat 2.0T. The oil was the correct oil, VW508.00.

Trust but verify...
I know of a VW dealer that does not use approved oil amongst other things and things vary by location.

I'd want to see my 504 spec before it gets poured in but unless a free VW fill I'd rather do it myself as most VWs are easy with top extraction.

Trust but verify...
I know of a VW dealer that does not use approved oil amongst other things and things vary by location.

I'd want to see my 504 spec before it gets poured in but unless a free VW fill I'd rather do it myself as most VWs are easy with top extraction.
That's reasonable. At VIOC, they even bring you the quarts if like. I did that the first time.

They even have it at my VIOC. I was getting the Jeep Radiator flushed there and watched them fill the BMW next to me and they brought out the box and filled from that. I asked if they had the 0W-30 for my Audi and they said yes, but call in advance to make sure they had it in stock.

Back