Vehicle Sighting - 1966 Dodge Coronet 440 wagon

440 on the fender next to Coronet indicated the trim level. For 66, there was base, 440, & 500.

Yep. A friend has a '65 440 Coronet that originally came with a 318. I built a warmed-up 440 for it.

PICT0044.JPG

I grew up in a 1971 Wagon like this one. 318 in it. tailgate flipped down or opened like a door. Spent many trips in the back rumble seat sitting backwards making faces at the cars behind us.

View attachment 218391

Talk about memories. My parents had a '70 wagon, sort of a dark gold color, with the 318. Like you, I and my sister sat in back making faces at the following vehicles. That would probably cause road rage today...

Talk about memories. My parents had a '70 wagon, sort of a dark gold color, with the 318. Like you, I and my sister sat in back making faces at the following vehicles. That would probably cause road rage today...
In my case, the rage invoked was parental. The wagon was a '63 Biscayne (our family car from 1968 to 1972).

Dad replaced it with a '67 Newport with a 383. He drove quite erratically, and did not look after his cars particularly well, but that engine was amazing.

Your grandpa's dealership was in Jersey City or Ridgefield Park, yes?
Actually, they were in Middlesex County. At one point they were in Perth Amboy, Red Bank, New Brunswick (shown in picture), Freehold, Lawrence Harbor and Linden. The building in Freehold is now operating as Freehold Tire.
I have a 1959 D-100 Power Giant pickup truck that reminds me of my grandfather. He was my North Star.

IMG_0932.JPG

Back