Vehicle Sighting - 1970 Chrysler Newport convertible

I always enjoy seeing the Chryslers from the early 60's to early 70's. I had a hard used '65 Newport for a little less than 2 years, in the early 70's. I put about 65k mi on it that time. 70k to 135k. 383 2 bbl. With a piggyback CD Archer kit ignition box on the coil, I could do 17.5mpg on long Interstate runs. Much less in local driving. Low-fi 383 that ran on $.34 89 PO leaded regular.

NJ SP used 440 Newports on the GS parkway in the late '60's before switching to Dodges in the '70's.
Those boats could fly. Exhaust sound was great also. Cop motor, brakes and tires.
My brother had a '65 300L in the mid '70's. My first experience with disc brakes. If I knew what it's value would be today, back then it was just another car.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the side view of the passenger side was whoever parked it came within inches of hitting the rear fender on that orange post. No passenger side outside mirror so he couldn't see that side when backing.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the side view of the passenger side was whoever parked it came within inches of hitting the rear fender on that orange post. No passenger side outside mirror so he couldn't see that side when backing.
I can't imagine not having a passenger-side mirror now. 😳

Mom had a 72 Dodge Polara 2 door with a 400ci. and also a 73 Dodge Polara 4 door with a 360ci -- I ended up with the 73. Would take that on road trips to see concerts or sporting events in Philadelphia -- friends luved it -- plenty of room and the heat and air conditioning kicked arse. Very thirsty though...

Back