Valvoline Restore & Protect 5w-30 - Virgin UOA

As far as I know, Valvoline is keeping the EP. Do you really think Walmart will price RP at the same price point while it is sitting next to EP on the shelf?
I don't. The only time similar oil bottlers use the same pricing on two different formulas, is when one is their High Mileage version, or a value=priced formula is carried. But usually the value-priced oil is a few dollars cheaper.

With new ownership of Valvoline, I'd expect them to try a three price tier (Advanced / EP / R&P). The stores around Saudi Arabia region may already carry 3. Need home delivery there?...... an AI or real camel may bring it.
Please tip camels accordingly with food.

Last edited:
On the Valvoline website, the 0W-20 restore and protect is 39.99

The only way it'd be worth that high price is if it actually does what it says it does.

Also, I noticed there is a no mileage guarantee on it as well
It can be purchased on Amazon at either $35.83 each or $29.94 each when purchased as a 3 pack. The price for this product is not necessarily outrageous and like KCJeep said, if it ends up at Walmart, it will likely be priced around the EP.

The likely reason why there's no "mileage guarantee" is because if this oil indeed cleans, you don't want that junk going around the engine, possibly plugging up the filter for 10k or 20k miles. Based on the TBN alone, I wouldn't want to run it that long with out UOA's along the way. This is not marketed as an extended service product.

ValvolineGlobal offers buy 1 get one at 50% off along with various $5-10 dollar off coupons for signing up. Free shipping after a reasonable purchase price threshold. I have used them a couple times and have been happy with the prices and ship time. I imagine that Walmart is competitive on pricing on existing oils and this oil will fall into that frame after some time. Not having to go to walmart is a positive for me but your results may vary.

What has me confused, EP is more money than Advanced, and yet advanced has more of an ad pack?
Where are you getting this information? I have searched the forums for a VOA of Valvoline Advanced to verify what you stated, but all I can find is an old one from 2018 before the formulation changed, so that can't be used as a basis for the statement you made. I may have missed it. Did you find a VOA somewhere else? Could you link it?

Where are you getting this information? I have searched the forums for a VOA of Valvoline Advanced to verify what you stated, but all I can find is an old one from 2018 before the formulation changed, so that can't be used as a basis for the statement you made. I may have missed it. Did you find a VOA somewhere else?

Last edited:
@Ford73
He actually did show it,

Screenshot_20240128-163311.png

Back