Valvoline Restore & Protect

So do we know which of the 2 tests are more stringent?
I'd say the 79%is more impressive. Here's why:
50% stronger than "industry standard" tells me 50% better than the vare standard.
79% better than a qualifying ILSAC GF-6 oil seems better since ILSAC oils are usually already better than the bare standard.

I was chatting with someone from Valvoline and I asked about a GTL base and also EP and Restore and Protect, they mention that they don't have a GTL base but a mineral oil base..

Reactions: wlk
Isn't there a recent, already-exiting thread on this Valvoline Restore & Protect Oil?

My daughter bought a six year-old Acadia a few years ago and the dipstick remained sooty-dirty after changing the oil. I kept changing that oil every 1.5k for four OCIs. Now the dipstick color remains clear for at least 1 to 1-1/2k of the next OCI. Mission Accomplished.

So be prepared to run four OCIs of that new Valvoline and do shortened OCIs to reach the goal(s) you've set.

I have had this happen after using a Motor Flush (out of curiosity and not expecting anything)

I have also had similar happen with supertech synthetic oils. It just took longer. Short OCI help tremendously to clean up a motor as far as I can tell.

I wouldn't thinknit would be too difficult to formulate an oil thatcan clean light deposits and hold it in suspension for short OCI. Add in something like AT205 into the brew and voilà. Caveat being, lubrication would likely diminish rather quickly, hence the short OCI.

A person could probably accomplish very similar results through short OCI, adding AT205, and possibly a mild detergent like motor flush/seafoam in small quantities. This is just a total guess on my part though.

Also need to add that my gen 2 coyote looked almost new after tearing it down recently at 100k miles. OCI of 3-5k of, usually, PP 5w20

Amazon has Restore and Protect for $24.60, picked up a couple jugs to try
Even cheaper directly from them
Screenshot_20240422_135741_Chrome.jpg

Back