Valvoline Restore & Protect 5w-30 - Virgin UOA

I wish that I could find some of this stuff.
You may be able to get several five quart jugs in about 15-18 months, right after national chain auto part stores announce a hefty clearance price on this item. I'm guessing early introductory pricing may be around $5 more per jug, than what Valvoline EP is being sold for.

You may be able to get several five quart jugs in about 15-18 months, right after national chain auto part stores announce a hefty clearance price on this item. I'm guessing early introductory pricing may be around $5 more per jug, than what Valvoline EP is being sold for.
I’m guessing Walmart pricing, if it happens, will be the same as EP. However if it is perceived as an oil for older cars, or just another high mileage oil, not sure Wally’s customers will bite even at that price.

I’m guessing Walmart pricing, if it happens, will be the same as EP. However if it is perceived as an oil for older cars, or just another high mileage oil, not sure Wally’s customers will bite even at that price.
As far as I know, Valvoline is keeping the EP. Do you really think Walmart will price RP at the same price point while it is sitting next to EP on the shelf?

As far as I know, Valvoline is keeping the EP. Do you really think Walmart will price RP at the same price point while it is sitting next to EP on the shelf?
Yup. “Top tier marketing” will give top tier price. Walmart doesn’t know or care how good the oil is, simply where the manufacturer places it in their lineup. It’s how Pennzoil Euro L is priced the same or lower most places as Platinum.

Yup. “Top tier marketing” will give top tier price. Walmart doesn’t know or care how good the oil is, simply where the manufacturer places it in their lineup. It’s how Pennzoil Euro L is priced the same or lower most places as Platinum.
Think I’ll stick with HPL or M1 oils. Both give positive results 🙊

Think I’ll stick with HPL or M1 oils. Both give positive results 🙊
Solid plan. Even though I had been a brand P guy for a long time, it’s hard to argue with the value and performance that Mobil 1 offers at almost any place that sells oil.

And I support @High Performance Lubricants because they’re a small local company whose integrity is top priority to them; some people can make the financial argument that it doesn’t make sense for them and that’s fine. But if you need (or want) the very finest products available to the general public, they provide it.

FYI: They were referring to the HDEO Restore 10w-30 not this new Restore & Protect product. That HDEO is hard to find anywhere.

Solid plan. Even though I had been a brand P guy for a long time, it’s hard to argue with the value and performance that Mobil 1 offers at almost any place that sells oil.

And I support @High Performance Lubricants because they’re a small local company whose integrity is top priority to them; some people can make the financial argument that it doesn’t make sense for them and that’s fine. But if you need (or want) the very finest products available to the general public, they provide it.
I’ll agree to a point on M1 0w40. OVERKILL I doubt was impressed with their 0w20 as HPL cleaned lots from his engine. I believe in what Dave and HPL are doing and making.

I hope M1 0w40 and Delvac 1 5w40 ESP do keep engines clean though.

I did just buy more EP from Walmart. Some have speculated here EP is going away. I don’t know but I’m watching to see how it plays out.

On the Valvoline website, the 0W-20 restore and protect is 39.99

The only way it'd be worth that high price is if it actually does what it says it does.

Also, I noticed there is a no mileage guarantee on it as well

They said I'll get a revised report tonight or Monday
Okay, here it is with both with both TBN & TAN

Not much to see here.
or
Top secret ingredients that UOA doesn't detect :)
but
Notice the 1.3% Fuel Dilution # ????????? That wasn't there before?????
Interesting

DSCN8076.JPG

Last edited:
On the Valvoline website, the 0W-20 restore and protect is 39.99

The only way it'd be worth that high price is if it actually does what it says it does.

Also, I noticed there is a no mileage guarantee on it as well
The EP is the exact same price on their site, yet can be had at Walmart for 10 to 12 bucks less. I’d expect the same for R&P then if it shows up there.

Since both are listed there it also casts doubt on R&P being a replacement for EP.

Boron is much, much higher that Valvoline oils usually have, and Boron is both a cleaning and anti-wear additive, so that would seem to be part of the ‘restore and protect’ claim.

Back