Unveiling the Superiority of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Oil: A Detailed Analysis by Mr. Lake Speed Jr.

• Thread starter Deleted member 89374
  • Start date
Is it also like the Platinum version that has additives in the bottom that should be shaken before use?

Lake Speed Jr has impressed me with his knowledge for a few years now. He does work for a few big companies who sell very expensive products so... I used to watch his dad race in NASCAR for a few years I think back in the last 80s to 1990s...?

interesting reading BUT as usual a LOT f MARKETING + OPINIONS!! use a today most any fake synthetic will serve us WELL IMO for NORMAL driving if changed in a timely manner + those that are harder on oils with heavy hauling, track days etc are best with real synthetics + higher viscosity in heat!!! MOST of us do NOT really know the many minute differences in oils IMO unless we are the FEW pros on the forum, BUT something to pass the time + learn a LITTLE + of course if you REALLY want + need better oil it will cost MORE!!

Last edited:
Reactions: FZ1
interesting reading BUT as usual a LOT f MARKETING + OPINIONS!! use a today most any fake synthetic will serve us WELL IMO for NORMAL driving if changed in a timely manner + those that are harder on oils with heavy hauling, track days etc are best with real synthetics + higher viscosity in heat!!!
More like professional opinion from a subject matter expert and no marketing.

interesting reading BUT as usual a LOT f MARKETING + OPINIONS!! use a today most any fake synthetic will serve us WELL IMO for NORMAL driving if changed in a timely manner + those that are harder on oils with heavy hauling, track days etc are best with real synthetics + higher viscosity in heat!!! MOST of us do NOT really know the many minute differences in oils IMO unless we are the FEW pros on the forum, BUT something to pass the time + learn a LITTLE + of course if you REALLY want + need better oil it will cost MORE!!
With the complete lack of grammar and sentence structure it's very difficult to follow your posting.

What in your UOAs proved this?
At OCIs over 13k, the PUP was still in grade and had plenty of reserve TBN. At the 17.1k sample, there was some slight oxidative thickening but TBN was still OK and insolubles were 0.2 IIRC… talking with HPL he said this is normal, and would personally determine condemnation of the service interval when the oil crosses into the next higher grade if TBN and flash point were acceptable, so if I had kept the car I probably would have pulled back to a 15k OCI.

Obviously trends tell the rest of the story of how the oil is doing, and even on the 17k run, iron wear was only 1.1ppm/1k mi. I’m not saying every engine can run 15k on PUP, but I am saying I’m at least as correct as the people who’ve never used PUP yet claim the oil is not capable of extended UOAs, since I ran 8 or 9 different UOAs of increasing distances on it to generate data and come to my conclusions.

Back