Unveiling the Superiority of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Oil: A Detailed Analysis by Mr. Lake Speed Jr.

• Thread starter Deleted member 89374
  • Start date
The PUP oil thinned out too much, on it's own?
.... or did the oil thin due to contamination....ie.... fuel dilution?
What's your definition of too much thinning out?

Can you cite / link a couple UOAs?
Go look at any Pennzoil Platinum UOA and compare it to M1 or Castrol results - viscosity is always lower than them

Use your head to derive the answer from my comment.
The question was: "how did the oil thin out, was it shear or fuel dilution?"

Your response was: "look at the UOA's, viscosity is lower than *insert other brand*"

There's absolutely no way to infer an answer to that question from your response, because it in no way addresses it. Furthermore, this statement is that it's thinner than other brands, but your earlier assertion was that it was thinning out. These are not the same thing, so which is it?

Some of LSJr's content is interesting, some of it is misleading IMO. It's not that I think he doesn't know what he's talking about. Rather, I think it's the effect of having to "dumb down" the content for the average YT user. And so for us who know the details well, some of his information isn't presented with the accuracy of finite details we expect. I've never met him, but he seems to me to be a person who's so excited and passionate about his craft that he often overruns the details and homogenizes things that should not be glossed over. And so, while his videos are entertaining, they're not always accurate, or at least misleading to those who cannot discern appropriate differences.

An example of my position on LSJr's infotainment ...
This is another thread about his YT content. It's a long thread, so it's a lengthy read. I picked a point where Tom starts to describe and analyze the details; read the thread to its end. You can see that what LSJr presents isn't always good to take a face value. On the topic of oxidation comparison/contrast, it's clear that LSJr is taking liberties with assumptions which are not well founded.

Last edited:
The question was: "how did the oil thin out, was it shear or fuel dilution?"

Your response was: "look at the UOA's, viscosity is lower than *insert other brand*"

There's absolutely no way to infer an answer to that question from your response, because it in no way addresses it. Furthermore, this statement is that it's thinner than other brands, but your earlier assertion was that it was thinning out. These are not the same thing, so which is it?

RAM UOA.jpg

Shear with heavier duty cycle vs prior. I plan to decrease OCI to mitigate when a heavier duty cycle is experienced in the future.

Last edited:
Back