Universal ATF/CVT fluid in my 2019 Nissan Pathfinder

We're at about 95k miles on the pathfinder, so about 25k miles of use while using Castrol Transmax universal ATF/CVT fluid. So far so good.
Good to know. As I said in a previous post, when it comes time to do another drain and fill on her Altima, if I can’t find the Castrol CVT fluid locally I will just use the Castrol universal fluid. She is at 89K will do around the 100K mile mark

Reactions: JTK
if you are going to use those universal ATF and CVT fluids, I would highly recommend the Hotshots Shift Restore which I use in my CVT, but can be treated in both systems. I feel the group 5 additive will help keep things clean as well as slow/stop leaks and give you a better performance feel
I have over 6 installments using this product and it does a wonderful job 😀

Are you using this as a preventative thing or do you have an issue with leaks

Good to know. As I said in a previous post, when it comes time to do another drain and fill on her Altima, if I can’t find the Castrol CVT fluid locally I will just use the Castrol universal fluid. She is at 89K will do around the 100K mile mark
Castrol rep sounded like things are fine after about 90 percent purity rate of ATF/CVT fluid. Sounds like changing it, running it 15 minutes and changing it will help you get to that point.

Are you using this as a preventative thing or do you have an issue with leaks
Technician spotted a possible seep around a time ago and I moved to Castrol Transmax with the BG CVT 303 additive to keep it from leaking as well as noise/shearing down.

Later I got bold and went to Redline CVT Fluid with is probably most PAO and a 10-20 Grp 5 and found the Hotshots which is probably better than the BG. I have a standard automatic car so I might use the last remaining ounces in my wife's Chevy Captiva as a top off to help. It won't be the full dose but it won't hurt it. Could improve the shift and clean the valves.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904_170534_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230904_170534_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back