Honda CRV 2015, amsoil CVT fluid, 85,000 miles

Element has a drain plug and is super easy, why I ask.

My Element has a drain plug and is super easy as well. Wasn't sure about the CRV.
My 21 HRV has a drain and a check the level plug,,,,Easy peasy to change the CVT fluid..

My reason for not using the drain plug was this - I measured and marked on my mityvac the 1 quart intervals. Using evacuation, I know exactly how much comes out in a single step, and can quickly determine what needs to go back in. Sometimes I use the plug, sometimes the vac. i generally haven’t found any debris in the pan of a well-maintained transmission. Im so used to not having a drain plug that I often don’t bother looking.

My reason for not using the drain plug was this - I measured and marked on my mityvac the 1 quart intervals. Using evacuation, I know exactly how much comes out in a single step, and can quickly determine what needs to go back in. Sometimes I use the plug, sometimes the vac. i generally haven’t found any debris in the pan of a well-maintained transmission. Im so used to not having a drain plug that I often don’t bother looking.
Would a 2014 have a CVT ? Son’s GF has one and it sounds horrible taking off from a stop …

Back