Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover

One of my favourite bug removers. Old bottle on the left.

06CC2AF4-DB1A-40ED-9604-EC6862F6DF09.jpeg

This Turtle wax does work very well. Rain X has one that is a clear jell and it works even a bit better in my opinion.

I’d tell anyone to use this Turtle Wax bug and tar remover or the Rain X one.

Odd. My old bottle of Turtle Was B&T Remover is a slender squeeze bottle. The very effective product is creamy!

The common ingredient in the few I've used is denatured alcohol.

My dad told me the product, "Mr. Clean" was kerosene years before my time.
They even made a commercial featuring an old man saying, "I tried Mr. Clean years ago...." after the formula was modernized.

I use carnauba wax to remove tar and bugs! Huh! Yup, put a dab of the wax on the spot and let it work for 5 minutes.

I would agree with the turtle wax products as we've used them to many years. Though there was one point where a can spray entered into our mind that was called something like lemonclean or something that wasn't on the shelf at Walmart for very long. we do have the bug & tar remover as well as the wheel & tire cleaners. used the wheel/tire cleaner twice now and it makes things extremely easy.

Huh? I've never oiled a lamp before. Are you making that up? Like muffler bearings.
He's talking about wicked antique oil lamps and backyard "Tiki Torches" that burn kerosene. They sell different types of scented oils to burn in them. As well as Citronella oil to keep mosquitoes away.

But I have no idea how that would work as far as taking crap off the paint of your car.

I use 70 > 72% rubbing alcohol applied to a cloth or smooth surfaced paper towel . Clean the area before with water and rinse off with water after use of the rubbing alcohol .

What about gasoline? Wouldn't even know where to get kerosene.
Gasoline is not recommended for general cleaning uses due to its high flamability and breathing the vapors. Other chemicals and solvents are dangerous...but slightly less so.

Back