TSLA at 52 week high

Originally Posted by dareo
$539.89 a share right now. Where does the madness end?

TSLA shorts lost $1.2B in 1 day and are about $12B in the hole. Ouch.
I shoulda bought at $30...

Last edited:
Bad news for Tesla, California new registrations down 46.5% to 13584 Teslas in Q4 2019 vs Q4 2018's 25402. California is exactly where you would want a Tesla, tons of sunshine, good weather, sky high fuel prices, and yet the registrations are down??

Another article today Short interest in Tesla swelled to $14.5 billion. This stock is totally volatile. Only two ways to go about it, avoid entirely, or go very long.

at this minute its back below $500 but who knows what happens next? Very entertaining to follow imo.

Originally Posted by E365
I thought this was interesting.

Total 2019 Tesla Model 3 sales (estimated) in the USA: 158,925

Total 2019 Cadillac sales in the USA (every model they make): 156,246

https://insideevs.com/news/343998/monthly-plug-in-ev-sales-scorecard/

https://media.gm.com/dld/content/Pa....res/Deliveries%20Quarter%204%202019.pdf

Not bad. They out-sold the CX-5 by a few thousand.
Bad news for Tesla, California new registrations down 46.5% to 13584 Teslas in Q4 2019 vs Q4 2018's 25402. California is exactly where you would want a Tesla, tons of sunshine, good weather, sky high fuel prices, and yet the registrations are down??

Another article today Short interest in Tesla swelled to $14.5 billion. This stock is totally volatile. Only two ways to go about it, avoid entirely, or go very long.

at this minute its back below $500 but who knows what happens next? Very entertaining to follow imo.

We know what will happen long-term, lol

From Jan to Sep 2019, in CA, the Model 3 was the 3rd best selling sedan in CA behind Civic and Camry.

Model 3 sales in CA thru Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Ws6

I am not tied into the Psychic Network.
What will happen long term?

Any uncertainty that affects future orders will affect the stock. We won't know if a trend has started until we see a couple of quarters of data.

A stock as volatile as TSLA will show these fluctuations.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Any uncertainty that affects future orders will affect the stock. We won't know if a trend has started until we see a couple of quarters of data.

A stock as volatile as TSLA will show these fluctuations.

Stock price is a function of what investors think the stock price will be.
Orders, profitability, etc are factors.
Regarding orders, there are 3 important facts:
Model 3 sales are growing in a shrinking sedan market. And overseas deliveries are expensive and cannot meet demand. Tesla sales are primarily a US delivery.
The Model Y SUV is nearing release. SUVs are hot. The Y will certainly consume some 3 sales along with competitor's SUV sales.
The Shanghai Gigafactory started selling cars. China is the #1 market in the world and they love EVs.

Tesla has been a wild ride, no doubt.

Maybe California is waiting for the Model Y and then will show some high registrations again.

Maybe California is waiting for the Model Y and then will show some high registrations again.

You understand Tesla set another quarterly record in Q4. If CA is down that much and they still set another record, what does that tell you?
It means the market is expanding.

But yes, many are waiting for the Model Y. I saw one driving on 280 last week.
From this angle, I don't care too much for the looks; perhaps I am used to the 3.

Model Y 280.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

You understand Tesla set another quarterly record in Q4. If CA is down that much and they still set another record, what does that tell you?

From this angle, I don't care too much for the looks; perhaps I am used to the 3.

See, now, I REALLY like that look, definitely my favourite Tesla body style. But I'm a fan of the X6 and GLC, so that shouldn't be a surprise
lol.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

See, now, I REALLY like that look, definitely my favourite Tesla body style. But I'm a fan of the X6 and GLC, so that shouldn't be a surprise
lol.gif

Overkill, get your order in. Performance and FSD. Gonna blow your mind.

Lemme give you a hand...

Model Y

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

lol.gif

Overkill, get your order in. Performance and FSD. Gonna blow your mind.

Lemme give you a hand...

Model Y

lol.gif
Do you moonlight in sales?

Originally Posted by Ws6

I am not tied into the Psychic Network.
What will happen long term?

Once mainstream brands go PEV it will collapse or sell out.

I saw one of those with the little wing on the back at the post office today. They're everywhere. I just don't like the look, either. It looks like a BMW X6 that someone assembled in their garage from a cheap E-bay kit.

From Jan to Sep 2019, in CA, the Model 3 was the 3rd best selling sedan in CA behind Civic and Camry.

https://evannex.com/blogs/news/tesl...igher-than-the-average-vehicle-from-ford

Tesla actually hit @22% per Model 3, for the last quarter in 2019. Up from 18.9%. Just another reason I won't buy one. Poor support. Poor R&D. Poorly done EVERYTHING, and they want more of my money than anyone but Porsche, Ferrari, and Aston, it seems. Tesla is an emotion-driven creature, and is not sustainable.

I was thinking about about buying Tesla stock about 3 years ago but invested in something else.

I'm surprised Tesla stock has done so well...

Originally Posted by Ws6

https://evannex.com/blogs/news/tesl...igher-than-the-average-vehicle-from-ford

Tesla actually hit @22% per Model 3, for the last quarter in 2019. Up from 18.9%. Just another reason I won't buy one. Poor support. Poor R&D. Poorly done EVERYTHING, and they want more of my money than anyone but Porsche, Ferrari, and Aston, it seems. Tesla is an emotion-driven creature, and is not sustainable.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
It has to collapse some day. Has to.

Many large investment funds are required/choose to heavily weigh "being green" and "environment" when purchasing shares. Tesla checks all the boxes in that regard so the money just pours in. With interest rates having been at historic lows for over a decade money has to go somewhere. Ironically the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the third largest holder of institutional shares (4.5 percent).

Back