Toyota dealers now offering both the TGMO and Mobil 1

It's nice to see the Toyota dealers now offering both the TGMO and flagship Mobil 1. Both products are made and distributed by ExxonMobil.

10094807.jpeg

Is this a current promo? My gf might be interested. Her maintenance plan is expiring with Toyota. Wasnt able to find out anything on mobils promo page. Thanks.

The Toyota dealer near me was already doing this when I bought the car 11 years ago.

I have yet to see TGMO SP on shelves.

M1 AFE 0W16 in the 5 quart jug is sometimes on the shelves at Walmart.

HPL HDMO 0W16 SL is working nicely in my hard driven Lexus 250h F-Sport, closing in on 100k miles. There is minimal dropoff in mpg.

At least in the 0W-16 the TGMO has far more Molly.
TGMO's moly good fellow ... lol

I recall reading that new tgmos may not have as much moly as old ones but not sure. Maybe they went back to high moly.

I think most cars like moly better than titanium .... especially Toyotas.
I prefer moly. Engines typically sound smoother with it.
They only way I MAY pay a premium price is if the oil has lots of moly otherwise I buy a regular oil.

I have yet to see TGMO SP on shelves.

M1 AFE 0W16 in the 5 quart jug is sometimes on the shelves at Walmart.

HPL HDMO 0W16 SL is working nicely in my hard driven Lexus 250h F-Sport, closing in on 100k miles. There is minimal dropoff in mpg.
How much you drive a month to get that many miles???

Weird, the dealer I go to the most poured Chevron but most recently switched over to Kendall. I never see TGMO or M1 promos there.

My Toyota dealer doesn't carry M1 and you have to order TGMO through their parts department. They don't carry TGMO in a bulk drum.

Toyotacare oil changes are Havoline. You can get TGMO, but they charge you an up-charge, which is really expensive.

I think dealerships in our area have TGMO only in the parts dept collecting dust ... lol

I've seen service dept pumping oil from their generic pump thingy.
every time I asked them to put 10W30 the paper work showed 5W30.

Last year or so I was a getting a part and I asked the parts guy if I can take a look at one the bottles. I wanted to read the back see what it says or if lists any spec ... it had dust.

My Toyota dealer doesn't carry M1 and you have to order TGMO through their parts department. They don't carry TGMO in a bulk drum.

Toyotacare oil changes are Havoline. You can get TGMO, but they charge you an up-charge, which is really expensive.
I just got my last "free" oil change at the local Toyota dealer. The receipt claims they used bulk TGMO 0W-20---same as when I had oil changes there >5 years ago.

Note that TGMO 0W-16 is only available in bottle—not in bulk 55-gallon drums. The other TGMO SAE grades are available both in bottle and bulk 55-gallon drums.

Toyota dealers are independently run franchises. It is against the company policy not to offer TGMO during the free-maintenance period. You can complain to Toyota if TGMO isn't available or they charge extra for it. The dealer gets fully reimbursed by Toyota for the free maintenance anyway; so, if they are charging you extra, something fishy is going on.

I just got my last "free" oil change at the local Toyota dealer. The receipt claims they used bulk TGMO 0W-20---same as when I had oil changes there >5 years ago.

Dealers are all independent. My Toyotacare receipts all say Havoline. Theres one dealer over in Tulsa (where my wife bought her car) and they use Valvoline products and it says it on her receipts. I asked my service manager and he said that they are required to carry TGMO oils and make it available, but its up to the individual dealer. They just have to meet ILSAC specs.

He did say that most people really don't care about oil brand. They just roll up and want an oil change because its "free"

Back