Toro 3650 Snowblower

Status
Not open for further replies.
irv:

Point is that the Toro dealer wanted $1100.00 for the QRE221. Eexactly same machine at Home Depot was $550.00. Buying from the dealer is a rip off for anyone who can carry out the most basic maintenance.

Your machine was a four stroke, mine was a two stroke, otherwise the same. You paid $300.00 more for the difference in engines. Not a particularly good deal in my view. But I do prefer two cycle engines for winter use especially.

To claim that Toro would change their production line to use inferior components for Home Depot machines is preposterous at best. I can only assume the Toro dealership fed you that line? The original price at HD for the 221QRE was $850.00. They knocked $300.00 off of it, which made the deal particularly attractive.

Think of the complexity and addition operating costs that would be incurred to change a production line to use inferior parts. In addition, do you think Toro would tarnish their reputation by building substandard products with their brand name on it? I don't think so.

I've also bought Echo, Milwaukee & DeWalt products from HD. Are they built to substandard Home Depot specifications as well?

Originally Posted By: boraticus
irv:

Point is that the Toro dealer wanted $1100.00 for the QRE221. Eexactly same machine at Home Depot was $550.00. Buying from the dealer is a rip off for anyone who can carry out the most basic maintenance.

Your machine was a four stroke, mine was a two stroke, otherwise the same. You paid $300.00 more for the difference in engines. Not a particularly good deal in my view. But I do prefer two cycle engines for winter use especially.

To claim that Toro would change their production line to use inferior components for Home Depot machines is preposterous at best. I can only assume the Toro dealership fed you that line? The original price at HD for the 221QRE was $850.00. They knocked $300.00 off of it, which made the deal particularly attractive.

Think of the complexity and addition operating costs that would be incurred to change a production line to use inferior parts. In addition, do you think Toro would tarnish their reputation by building substandard products with their brand name on it? I don't think so.

I've also bought Echo, Milwaukee & DeWalt products from HD. Are they built to substandard Home Depot specifications as well?

Well, I'm glad you feel like you got an amazing deal, boraticus. Way to go!
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back