Thoughts on new AMAZON branded oil...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just was looking for any deals online, when I stumble upon a 5-qt jug of "AmazonBasics Full Synthetic Motor Oil..." says its GF-5 and all.

Looking into it, seems like this is just another WPP bottling and re-branding deal here, albeit a bit overpriced to be really competitive with other "generic" store brand oils.

Nothing special but I find it odd for Amazon to try and get their foot in the door for lubricants, of all things...

Thoughts?

Yup, it has been discussed on here many times before. You are correct, Amazon oil is just an overpriced rebranded WPP synthetic
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Yup, it has been discussed on here many times before. You are correct, Amazon oil is just an overpriced rebranded WPP synthetic
smile.gif

Yep. There's other options that can be had cheaper on.... Amazon! Lol.

Just buy and well-known brand of oil. Many of us or most of us have never blown an engine up using a well-known brand of oil....just saying.

Steer clear of that stuff. If you want Warren oil, get Supertech at Walmart. Support Walmart before supporting amazon.

Originally Posted by PantherFan88
Just was looking for any deals online, when I stumble upon a 5-qt jug of "AmazonBasics Full Synthetic Motor Oil..." says its GF-5 and all.

Looking into it, seems like this is just another WPP bottling and re-branding deal here, albeit a bit overpriced to be really competitive with other "generic" store brand oils.

Nothing special but I find it odd for Amazon to try and get their foot in the door for lubricants, of all things...

Thoughts?

Home mortgages are talked about as being next.

Originally Posted by Matagonka
Car guys won't buy it. Amazon fans and patriots will. That's their target market.

I'm a car guy........purchased a 5-quart jug of 0w20 yesterday. I'd rather have things delivered to me than visit a brick and mortar store (depending on the product/need). It's Warren oil, will be fine in my 264k engine.

Originally Posted by daves87rs
Walmart is cheaper......

Same oil for $7 or $8 less. Last I checked, ST 0w-20 was $15.88 at my local walmart!

Really can't beat that for what it is! It's going into the Subaru and the long-term-rental sentra for their winter changes

I'd only buy it if I needed to waste an Amazon gift card. Supertech syn or O'Reilly syn are the same for cheaper.

What are you talking about, Amazon Basics is $19.99 delivered to your door. Unless you happen to live within walking distance of a Walmart you can add 50 cents a mile each way from your driveway to Walmart. Driving to stores costs money too. The original poster was talking about internet shopping.

But most people are going to go to Walmart anyways to buy their groceries or other things, so that trip was already being made in the first place. Therefore the cost to get there to buy your oil is essentially zero, for all intents and purposes.

I for one live only a half a mile from my local Walmart, I can walk there if I like.

Originally Posted by wdn
What are you talking about, Amazon Basics is $19.99 delivered to your door. Unless you happen to live within walking distance of a Walmart you can add 50 cents a mile each way from your driveway to Walmart. Driving to stores costs money too. The original poster was talking about internet shopping.

You are now going down the road of argumentive hypotheses. At 19.99 for a 5QT jug there are better deals to be had. It's just not a bad deal unless you encounter poarch pirates.

Won't use Warren Products when you can almost all the time get Ultra Platinum for $15 after rebate at Amazon. Been away from BITOG for a while. When did this place become so anti Amazon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Hermann
Won't use Warren Products when you can almost all the time get Ultra Platinum for $15 after rebate at Amazon. Been away from BITOG for a while. When did this place become so anti Amazon.

Maybe some people don't like messing with rebates? I'm one of them...

I bought Pennzoil Platinum 5 qt jug for $23.59 at Wal-Mart and got $10 back so that makes it $13.59. Unless a rebate is currently ongoing, the Amazon basics is a pretty good deal for a full synthetic oil. What's all this about not using Warren Oil products? Please educate me on this as I heard people praising them here on BITOG in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back