Things you can do with Fiber-Glass...

429661508_2530182120487102_8571102527102368817_n.jpg

Since I retired from the Bodyshop industry, I'm completely baffled on what the biggest waste was?

The Fiber and the Resin.
The Primer, body fillers, sand paper, and all other supplies.
The expensive Red paint.
The poor Bodyman and Painters time.
The poor Corvette that is screaming underneath all that itchy fiberglass!

I just don't know...

If one of my clients wanted it done and was willing to pay for it, I would have done it for them, but only because they were going to pay me to do it!

I wish I could say at least it was tastefully done. And I am saying that as someone who once liked Zimmers, Corvorados, and Excaliburs.

Last edited:
Just because you can, it doesn't always mean that you should...
Amen. I’ll add - the “classic cars” that show up for sale on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace that are painted Halloween orange, purple, snot green, baby poop mustard yellow, and so on. Wouldn’t it have been just as easy to paint the car from a factory color code chart?

Amen. I’ll add - the “classic cars” that show up for sale on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace that are painted Halloween orange, purple, snot green, baby poop mustard yellow, and so on. Wouldn’t it have been just as easy to paint the car from a factory color code chart?
True if you are factory restoring and calling/labeling it as such. Lame if you pick a color I don't like. But silly to think people shouldn't paint cars whatever color. It's not like a new thing to make a cool color hot rod.

True if you are factory restoring and calling/labeling it as such. Lame if you pick a color I don't like. But silly to think people shouldn't paint cars whatever color. It's not like a new thing to make a cool color hot rod.
You like what you like… But you can’t ask Mecum auction prices for a car painted in a “cool” color i.e., clown car. To each his own.

You like what you like… But you can’t ask Mecum auction prices for a car painted in a “cool” color i.e., clown car. To each his own.
I agree if auctioning as a full factory restore. As I stated.

I think calling everything non-factory color a clown car is over the top, but yep - even as you stated for your example above, to each his own. If the person likes it, what the heck. Is the car "ruined"? Really? Maybe, the ruined part is all the stuff you can't see, so the paint is superfluous.

EDIT: That Firebird...............not stock!! hahahahahahaha

Back