Safety glasses with Eye Glasses

Polycarbonate prescription lenses in typical eyeglass frames would cost at least $500. With progressive lenses, miscellaneous coatings, and titanium frames more like $1000. I like nice frames so mine cost more like $1200. Anyway, expensive.

So if I was buying 3 pairs of safety wear glasses I'd go with generic ones.
Well yes, but actually no. I buy my glasses from Zenni optical. You pick the frames you like, the prescription you want, and you can get them tinted and make them sunglasses. A plain steel frame with polycarbonate lenses runs you about $20. Prescription Sunglasses in plastic frames run you like $60, extra for mirroring. They have memory titanium frames too, i think they're like $40 with clear prescription lenses.

The downside is it takes a few weeks for them to show up from China and sometimes the frames need screws tightened and one pair i had the right lens would pop out if you got hit in the face with something.

I have prescription safety glasses as well. I have a direct contact with RX-safety.com and get safety glasses for $90 each, any prescription. Not sure if they would talk with a person or if you have to be with a business. We're not a large company, only 15 total.

I've also seen them at ZenniOptical.com for a pretty good price.

Company I worked for approved safety glasses with various strengths of cheater lens (bifocal) like the link shows.
I was on a plant tour and had to wear safety glasses and all they had were these. I thought they were pretty cool when I first tried them on. After about a minute of wearing them, though, I got very dizzy. They take some getting used to, same as bifocals.

I broke down and bought a few pairs of lab goggles after getting contact lenses last month. They fit over my reading glasses better than the other safety glasses I tried.

Wearing prescription safety glasses for 35 years. Glass lens, safety frames ( lens are installed from the front)and removable side shields. Still use a face shield for grinding. Retire for 12+ years still wear them all the time.

I was on a plant tour and had to wear safety glasses and all they had were these. I thought they were pretty cool when I first tried them on. After about a minute of wearing them, though, I got very dizzy. They take some getting used to, same as bifocals.
That was the concern when first proposed, seems like workers get used to them and the railroad adopted them for the aging workforce.

Polycarbonate prescription lenses in typical eyeglass frames would cost at least $500. With progressive lenses, miscellaneous coatings, and titanium frames more like $1000. I like nice frames so mine cost more like $1200. Anyway, expensive.

So if I was buying 3 pairs of safety wear glasses I'd go with generic ones.
I just got mine a Costco a year ago under $225. That did not include the price of my eye exam.

Like mentioned above, I also use RX Safety. For years I’ve been wearing Wiley X Bricks. I have clear and sunglasses. They do double duty as my mountain biking glasses.
IMG_3886.jpeg

I just got mine a Costco a year ago under $225. That did not include the price of my eye exam.
I guess I'd better start buying my glasses in the US. They're never that cheap here.

On the other hand my frames last about a decade so they're good quality. Part of my costs are covered by my medical and dental plan. And all medical costs including prescription glasses are income tax deductible.

GREAT THREAD

I now must wear corrective lenses for anything fine focus at about arms length. I too have the Amazon kind in the link. They work, but bump into my progressive occupational glasses, plus the double earpiece with a mask and ear protection is awkward at best. I was looking for the old fashion bubble with a strap type we had in the 1970's! Cannot find.

Will try: https://www.amazon.com/NoCry-Resistant-Panoramic-Resistance-Certified/dp/B08Y5JTKMQ

And: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001YXFFM

Interesting a nice Japanese lady got a damaged eye in pickleball - no safety glasses. I bought these after getting a huge welt then bruise right on my bicep. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FPTSSK5
Of course I don't need my glasses when I play, tried that once. Terrible. In the summer I wear safety sunglasses.
I ordered 4 different types and the No Cry is no joke. They fit the best over my glasses, seal well and seem well made! The other will work, so I will keep them, but these NO CRY are super comfy.

I understand the concern with the less than idea price and finding something safe and somewhat decent looking.Your eyes are very important,in a guys world it doesn't take long to cause a problem and it could be career altering

Back